Bullnose Forums

swaybars?

Yep but boss doesn't like doing that cause its money out of his pocket and in this case the truck isn't worth much to sell as the truck is not in the best of shape. the column is all busted up interior is trashed, body and exhaust is bad. Engine is the most valuable aspect to it.

Im trying to nudge him towards doing the paperwork and lets strip it down and sell the engine for the cost of the engine and sell some of the better parts and scrap the rest.

How is it any cost to him?

If the truck is not worth anything just part it out and send it to the shredder.

In CT you don't need a title to scrap.

Just cut it in half, and it's no longer a vehicle...

How is it any cost to him?

If the truck is not worth anything just part it out and send it to the shredder.

In CT you don't need a title to scrap.

Just cut it in half, and it's no longer a vehicle...

to file a lien its $500 we have to pay. then to take it to the scrap yard you have to have a title, they wont take vehicles anymore as there was too many stolen cars being disposed of at scrap yards so they changed the law here a good 8 or 9 years ago.

Same goes with converters, if you take converters in you have to present your ID in case the converter comes up as stolen.

to file a lien its $500 we have to pay. then to take it to the scrap yard you have to have a title, they wont take vehicles anymore as there was too many stolen cars being disposed of at scrap yards so they changed the law here a good 8 or 9 years ago.

Same goes with converters, if you take converters in you have to present your ID in case the converter comes up as stolen.

$20-25 here

Once we cut a vehicle in half it's no longer a vehicle...

Although scrapping anything (copper, steel, cars, whatever) requires ID and they can't pay cash anymore.

Knowing the guys at the yard they will grapple it and drop it in the shredder right off the flat bed or trailer as long as the gas tank is out and fluids drained.

There's nothing left bigger than your first, and it's all in a barge or freight car.

There's nothing left bigger than your first, and it's all in a barge or freight car.

There is a scrap yard near my work, and I was watching them a year or so ago fill up a 40 ft sea container with scrap. They just stood it up on it's end like a cereal box and dumped the scrap inside it...lol.

There is a scrap yard near my work, and I was watching them a year or so ago fill up a 40 ft sea container with scrap. They just stood it up on it's end like a cereal box and dumped the scrap inside it...lol.

I think that's a great way to get all the EOL & damaged containers back for recycling.

You'd have to use a blower or magnet to winnow the wooden floors out.

$20-25 here

Once we cut a vehicle in half it's no longer a vehicle...

Although scrapping anything (copper, steel, cars, whatever) requires ID and they can't pay cash anymore.

Knowing the guys at the yard they will grapple it and drop it in the shredder right off the flat bed or trailer as long as the gas tank is out and fluids drained.

Yep if it was that cheap I think I could talk the boss into it already. but he just wants to fight it because he already is in it for close to $4,000 for the crate engine and the labor and parts he doesn't want to get involved anymore in a truck that he doubt he could sell for $1,500 due to the condition its in.

Yep if it was that cheap I think I could talk the boss into it already. but he just wants to fight it because he already is in it for close to $4,000 for the crate engine and the labor and parts he doesn't want to get involved anymore in a truck that he doubt he could sell for $1,500 due to the condition its in.

This thread has me motivated to install my front swaybar...lol. I might tackle it Sunday morning.

Since I am changing my radius arms at the same time, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that I can pull the axle beams far enough ahead to get the end(s) of the arms out of the brackets on the frame...

This thread has me motivated to install my front swaybar...lol. I might tackle it Sunday morning.

Since I am changing my radius arms at the same time, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that I can pull the axle beams far enough ahead to get the end(s) of the arms out of the brackets on the frame...

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can get the ends out by pulling them forward. And if you are doing that it would be time for the sway bars.

Your radius arm brackets haven't been removed before? Mine had the rivets removed before we got the truck and is just simply held in by same sized bolts with a shank. Makes changing the bushings easy if need to do it.

Your radius arm brackets haven't been removed before? Mine had the rivets removed before we got the truck and is just simply held in by same sized bolts with a shank. Makes changing the bushings easy if need to do it.

Yes, that is a good approach - bolts with a shank that keeps the force off the threads.