Bullnose Forums

Fuse panel on the 86

20200430_093720.jpg.194bed30afda12e5b74e656c21ebfce0.jpg

Has someone got a good picture of this with all fuses marked ? .Also was the fuse box cover the first thing to fall off these trucks ? . If anyone has a cover for sale let me know , can pay through PayPal email address . And can anyone tell me what that plug was for . Cheers

The 1986 EVTM (Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1986 EVTM in the menu has the page below, as well as a schematic for every circuit on your truck and many diagrams showing connectors, locations, etc.

But the covers did get tossed. Hopefully someone has one.

As for the plug, I'm pretty sure that is C1101 that goes to the trailer brake controller. Go to the Trailer Option pages in the '86 EVTM and see if the colors don't match what you have.

2247669_orig.thumb.jpg.b3ceea0917439d73bab044fe1b554d5b.jpg

The 1986 EVTM (Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1986 EVTM in the menu has the page below, as well as a schematic for every circuit on your truck and many diagrams showing connectors, locations, etc.

As for the plug, I'm pretty sure that is C1101 that goes to the trailer brake controller. Go to the Trailer Option pages in the '86 EVTM and see if the colors don't match what you have.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n58543/2247669_orig.jpg

Trailer brake controller, would the 81 truck also have them :nabble_anim_confused:

I don't remember seeing that plug, have to go look, but also was not looking for it when I installed the harness or is that part of the trailer tow harness?

It would be nice but I just wonder what the wires are? Power in, brake light feed, ground?

Power out, blue normally, would be a heavy gauge wire to the rear of the truck.

edit I got to read the post before I start typing :nabble_smiley_blush: now to go look over that page

Dave ----

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n58543/2247669_orig.jpg

Trailer brake controller, would the 81 truck also have them :nabble_anim_confused:

I don't remember seeing that plug, have to go look, but also was not looking for it when I installed the harness or is that part of the trailer tow harness?

It would be nice but I just wonder what the wires are? Power in, brake light feed, ground?

Power out, blue normally, would be a heavy gauge wire to the rear of the truck.

edit I got to read the post before I start typing :nabble_smiley_blush: now to go look over that page

Dave ----

Part of the trailer option. Power in, power out to the brakes, and power out to the trailer brake lights.

9397000_orig.thumb.jpg.2ff8e45b0417fa39a894cfce583efe55.jpg

Part of the trailer option. Power in, power out to the brakes, and power out to the trailer brake lights.

Thanks looks like the power in might be the only thing the trucks have.

In the old days you tapped into the brake light switch to turn on the brake lights. We would need to run a brake wire to the rear.

Dave ----

Thanks looks like the power in might be the only thing the trucks have.

In the old days you tapped into the brake light switch to turn on the brake lights. We would need to run a brake wire to the rear.

Dave ----

Factory trailer wiring was a rare option on these trucks. The EVTM is showing the circuit IF it exists.

Those are missing on a high percentage of these trucks.

Green Sales still shows 5 of 'em on hand if anyone wants one!

I'd like to pick up one of those covers from Greens. Do you know the part number or have a link to it on their site?

I'd like to pick up one of those covers from Greens. Do you know the part number or have a link to it on their site?

Yes, I do. Thanks for checking. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I put the part numbers for the fuse box and the covers here: Documentation/Electrical/Circuit Protection and on the Fuse Box Part Numbers tab.