Bullnose Forums

I’m still in the land of the living

Right before the second get together, I had a second heart attack and it was touch and go for a while. Had a new pacemaker put in. After that I could not drive for a while. As you know when recovering from a major illness you kind of lose interest in most things, and Jolene sat in the garage for a year. My youngest son was home and he took it out a couple of times.

With the new pacemaker lm feeling a lot better, and I started driving again. I’m also working on Jolene again. My son and I replaced the rear end with one out of a 96, no problem it went right in. The rear brakes was a hold new set of issues. We could not get the rear brakes to bleed, once we started investing we discovered the rear brake line had a pin hole and the portioned valve had close off the rear brakes fluid flow. I have no idea it has been that way. I got a new valve and installed it, of course the fittings were different sizes so we replace the line. We ended up replacing the rear wheel cylinders and the the flexible line to the rear axel.

Now I cannot get the threaded fitting from weeping. Waiting for the thread sealant to arrive, Always something. I keep saying WE but most of the work has been done by my son.

Anyway it’s feels good to be out doing again.:nabble_smiley_happy:

David - So sorry to see you've had those problems!!! Glad you in the land of the living, and getting to not only drive your truck but also to work on it.

Not sure what to say about the brake lines. Hope you get them sorted soon.

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Hope everything goes well.

That's a long road back, congratulations on your recovery. It certainly makes it more enjoyable to have an enthusiastic work partner to engage a project with. Now you'll have some shorter stop distances as a bonus!

Congratulations on the progress, health and truck!

Thanks to all for the good cheer, it’s been a long road. I guess the Good Lord was not ready for me. Still can’t do all I want, but it gets better every day.

That brake line should really be sealing on the flare , make sure the flare is in the correct direction some go in and some go out if you know what i mean . ☺.Cheers

That brake line should really be sealing on the flare , make sure the flare is in the correct direction some go in and some go out if you know what i mean . ☺.Cheers

We removed the weeping line and cleaned the threads, also used a wet stone on the flair. Put it back together and all is good.

Thanks to all for the help.