Bullnose Forums

Edelbrock on a stockish 460?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! Didn't need the tag shot, it is obviously a '68. The round marker lamps and the tail lights make it obvious - to me. 👍

Thanks for sharing!!!! 👌

Tag was just because I was trying to get close.

We backed off so as to give some room.

People up in my azz when I'm trailering get on my nerves.

Looks like original paint.

Must have been '60's day at the track.

Saw a stripped out Coronet and a SS/RS Camaro on trailers as well.

> Cool! Didn't need the tag shot, it is obviously a '68. The round marker

> lamps and the tail lights make it obvious - to me. 👍

>

> Thanks for sharing!!!!

>

> Thanks for sharing!!!!

Interesting. That Bee doesn't have the 383 badges that at least the 69's had, and I thought the 68's should have. But I don't know.

I do agree about people getting too close while trailering. Some are just .... dumb. When pulling the 25' Sea Ray to Lake Powell one year ago right now we had someone in a little car drafting. I had extended mirrrors on and they were so close I couldn't see them. If I'd hit the brakes there's no way they could have avoid hitting the outdrive, and they had no way at all of seeing what was ahead of us to tell if I might hit the brakes. Plus, had I not been watching them come up and then disappear I wouldn't have known not to hit the brakes. 🙈

I do agree about people getting too close while trailering. Some are just .... dumb. When pulling the 25' Sea Ray to Lake Powell one year ago right now we had someone in a little car drafting. I had extended mirrrors on and they were so close I couldn't see them. If I'd hit the brakes there's no way they could have avoid hitting the outdrive, and they had no way at all of seeing what was ahead of us to tell if I might hit the brakes. Plus, had I not been watching them come up and then disappear I wouldn't have known not to hit the brakes. 🙈

Gary, it is also the responsibility of the drivers behind you to keep their distance.

I sometimes do what you describe, try to use the draft created by a land yacht I'm following. But I look at surrounding traffic, what's in front of said yacht.

And, said yachts don't slow or stop quickly, that takes time. ;)

Gary, it is also the responsibility of the drivers behind you to keep their distance.

I sometimes do what you describe, try to use the draft created by a land yacht I'm following. But I look at surrounding traffic, what's in front of said yacht.

And, said yachts don't slow or stop quickly, that takes time. ;)

They were so close there was no way they could see in front of the boat, much less my truck. And, with brakes on both axles of the boat trailer, tied into a factory brake controller in the truck, I could set the rig down on a dime. If I'd decided to check up and take a quick exit they'd have been impaled on the outdrive, which was tilted up and strapped straight back at them.

>

> Thanks for sharing!!!!

I've got to ask.

Does the Motorcraft choke coil act opposite of an Edelbrock choke???

They are wound in the same direction but the Motorcraft cap puts the choke on as it heats up.

I was hoping to keep everything stockish, and not add a bunch of wires, relays, and crap.

This is turning into a real pita.

I've got to ask.

Does the Motorcraft choke coil act opposite of an Edelbrock choke???

They are wound in the same direction but the Motorcraft cap puts the choke on as it heats up.

I was hoping to keep everything stockish, and not add a bunch of wires, relays, and crap.

This is turning into a real pita.

The simple answer is "YES". On my 4180C rotating the arm clockwise takes the choke off. But on my Eddy rotating the arm counterclockwise takes the choke off.

And sorry for the late response. But I had to grind the tops off the screws on the 4180C as it hadn't been molested, and you cannot rotate the cap w/o pulling the cap part way off due to the alignment key. And on the Eddy I had to pull the air cleaner and find the #20 Torx driver. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

The simple answer is "YES". On my 4180C rotating the arm clockwise takes the choke off. But on my Eddy rotating the arm counterclockwise takes the choke off.

And sorry for the late response. But I had to grind the tops off the screws on the 4180C as it hadn't been molested, and you cannot rotate the cap w/o pulling the cap part way off due to the alignment key. And on the Eddy I had to pull the air cleaner and find the #20 Torx driver. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Just cut a slot in the cone with a Dremel cutoff disc.

Then you can use a regular screwdriver to loosen the ring on the cap

Seems to me, if the coil is wound in the same direction it should move the same way.

But once again, I'm wrong

Bill mentioned a YF cap.

Maybe the Ford OEM from a 4.9/300 would do the job for me using stator power and I can skip the wiring?

Who do I know that has I-6 parts?

Just cut a slot in the cone with a Dremel cutoff disc.

Then you can use a regular screwdriver to loosen the ring on the cap

Seems to me, if the coil is wound in the same direction it should move the same way.

But once again, I'm wrong

Bill mentioned a YF cap.

Maybe the Ford OEM from a 4.9/300 would do the job for me using stator power and I can skip the wiring?

Who do I know that has I-6 parts?

David/1986F150Six has a YF. Jim/fljab has YF's and parts - I think.

Oh yes, the slot trick. :nabble_smiley_blush:

David/1986F150Six has a YF. Jim/fljab has YF's and parts - I think.

Oh yes, the slot trick. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I ordered a YF cap from eBay.

Hopefully this will get the 650 AVS fully functional.

Timing bump did seem to help a little.

Truck still seems very rich at idle even though I can't turn the screws any leaner without dropping rpm's.

Maybe when I get the choke working I can lean the idle out some more.

I need to check the timing chain for slack (though it was advancing and retarding smoothly yesterday)

Ten years..... maybe it's time for a cam and timing set?

IR thermometer doesn't show any one cylinder as dead.

May be a bad lifter, bent pushrod, or something.

I can not hear the ticking in either valve cover though.

I've never seen a burnt intake valve.

When I clean the engine again I will pull the valve covers and check for loose rockers or one that isn't fully opening.