Bullnose Forums

painted rear part of the frame

snakebite8

thank u! por-15

POR15 would be my pic. I know some like other paints, but POR15 has always done well for me.

One trick I learned is to spray it with a top coat while it is sticky. But, spraying black paint, of any sheen, on black POR is difficult 'cause you can't tell what you've sprayed. So I've started using the silver color POR15 and hitting it with a chassis black spray. Lots easier to tell where you've been.

However, my shop crane, engine stand, and several other things are painted with the base black POR15 and they have held up really well to all sorts of abuse. So I'm pleased with the stuff.

POR15 would be my pic. I know some like other paints, but POR15 has always done well for me.

One trick I learned is to spray it with a top coat while it is sticky. But, spraying black paint, of any sheen, on black POR is difficult 'cause you can't tell what you've sprayed. So I've started using the silver color POR15 and hitting it with a chassis black spray. Lots easier to tell where you've been.

However, my shop crane, engine stand, and several other things are painted with the base black POR15 and they have held up really well to all sorts of abuse. So I'm pleased with the stuff.

that's a great idea. I will have to remember that. thank u

that's a great idea. I will have to remember that. thank u

The POR has to be still sticky or the sprayed topcoat won't adhere. But you can use any topcoat that way. And, it works for me far, FAR better than trying to brush a topcoat on. I can never get a full coat on by brushing, I always miss something. And then you need to put another coat on. But each additional coat brings with it brush marks and roughness. Not so with the spray.