Bullnose Forums

Sliding rear window catch .

Hi , a while ago i bought a couple of replacement Dorman catches , for my rear window , its always exciting getting a new part or something to work on the truck , so with the new catch in hand i fitted the new catch great fit , looked good , :nabble_smiley_good: so far so good , now for the test run so i clipped and un clipped the window shut twice and then it fell off !! :nabble_smiley_angry: How did this product get through durability testing , 2 cycles :nabble_anim_confused:

Lucky i bought a spare , haven't been game to fit that yet . Is there a better brand to buy , it was fitted in summer , warm day for the plastic hinge , did i get a dud ? If anyone can supply a part number it would be most appreciated . Cheers .

I bought mine from Dennis-Carpenter since hes licensed by ford. Installed mine a good 4 or 5 years ago and I used it a few times I did do the usual 4 clip and unclip cycles on installation and its fine but after not being used for 2 - 3 years now I am not sure if it will survive being unclipped. part of me wish they would make a aftermarket replacement with a hinge instead of the folding plastic like OE.

I bought mine from Dennis-Carpenter since hes licensed by ford. Installed mine a good 4 or 5 years ago and I used it a few times I did do the usual 4 clip and unclip cycles on installation and its fine but after not being used for 2 - 3 years now I am not sure if it will survive being unclipped. part of me wish they would make a aftermarket replacement with a hinge instead of the folding plastic like OE.

The Ford part number is E0TZ 1040860-A. However, I've been told that some of the vendors have a metal latch that was used on the later trucks that is much better than the plastic. Supposedly this one fits: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CXH0YM.

The Ford part number is E0TZ 1040860-A. However, I've been told that some of the vendors have a metal latch that was used on the later trucks that is much better than the plastic. Supposedly this one fits: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CXH0YM.

Metal would be nice if it fits. I've always had good luck with the Ford replacements, but haven't tried Dorman. Unfortunately, the Ford ones are backordered right now, but there are surely dealers out there that have them.

Scott, I agree!

Mainly because it's the one I use, and pointed out to Gary.

Thats great , i was worried that the dorman one , might be the only one i could buy ! , , pretty lucky really that you can buy a lot of fairly cheap parts ,for a 30 odd year old truck, i wouldnt like to be restoring a trekka or a simca , 😲, you'll have to web search them , the freight gets us a bit down under.

Thanks for all those options . Got some parts arriving soon some Gurney weslake / windsor valve covers , my mates , and a 3g alternator. Ahh , retail therapy Cheers ,

Thats great , i was worried that the dorman one , might be the only one i could buy ! , , pretty lucky really that you can buy a lot of fairly cheap parts ,for a 30 odd year old truck, i wouldnt like to be restoring a trekka or a simca , 😲, you'll have to web search them , the freight gets us a bit down under.

Thanks for all those options . Got some parts arriving soon some Gurney weslake / windsor valve covers , my mates , and a 3g alternator. Ahh , retail therapy Cheers ,

I needed one and purchased NOS I think i have a couple ?