Bullnose Forums

Hello from McKinney TX

Hi all, just joined the forum today. I picked up an 81 flareside a few months ago and have been working on getting it roadworthy. I plan to make it my retirement truck, since by the time I retire in 10 years, new trucks will be so stupidly expensive that there is no way I will be able to afford one. Heck we might be there already. Also, I don't really recognize anything under the hood of new trucks anymore. My current driver is an '06 F150 with 157k on it, so I need to get a backup truck ready.

Since I got it, I have yanked the I6/C4 and put it back to a 351W/C6, like it was born with. I am now working out cooling issues and rebuilding the front end suspension. I have a lot of questions and need a lot of parts, so I am joining up here and on the FTE site. The VIN and the title on the truck decode to an 81, but my frame does not appear to be a "swiss cheese" frame. I haven't found a VIN on the frame yet to know exactly what I have. I am calling my truck "the deuce", because it's my 2nd F150, and because, you know... it looks like... you get the idea.

Other automotive projects/interests include a ground-up build of an 80s rally car - the Lancia 037, and a tiny mid-engine sports car (Fiat X1/9) with a 240hp K20 motor stuffed into it.

Hoping to learn a lot from the folks on this forum, thanks for having me.

Pete

Pete - Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you - with your permission.

Your plans sound good. Get the truck ready for retirement. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the VIN, there should be a partial on the frame. That is discussed in this post and later, with pics.

I hope you'll start a thread in the main section and show us your truck and discuss your plans. (You'll get more followers there than here, but you can discuss it wherever you want.)

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you - with your permission.

On the VIN, there should be a partial on the frame. That is discussed in this post and later, with pics.

I hope you'll start a thread in the main section and show us your truck and discuss your plans. (You'll get more followers there than here, but you can discuss it wherever you want.)

Oh, I forgot to mention that you are close enough to come to the show, assuming we have it this year. Or, more likely, participate in the on-line show if we go that way.

I'm in Skiatook, OK just north of Tulsa. And on the 3rd Sat of each Sept I have a Ford truck show. We have members from CO, KS, AR, MS, AL, TX, and OK here. Oh yes, Numberdummy from CA and Vinny from VA. Plus, one from New Zealand and one from Australia.

Oh, I forgot to mention that you are close enough to come to the show, assuming we have it this year. Or, more likely, participate in the on-line show if we go that way.

I'm in Skiatook, OK just north of Tulsa. And on the 3rd Sat of each Sept I have a Ford truck show. We have members from CO, KS, AR, MS, AL, TX, and OK here. Oh yes, Numberdummy from CA and Vinny from VA. Plus, one from New Zealand and one from Australia.

Gary, thanks for the welcome, and the info on the show - if my truck is driveable in September, then I will try to make it up there. Thanks also for the info on the VIN location, that will help me narrow down exactly what I have.

Yes, you have my permission to add me to the map. I meant to say that in my other reply.