Bullnose Forums

4500 Tach with 4 Terminals

Does this also work with I6?

Max

Hi Max,

I am not sure if the diesel tach will work on a gas engine, but the guys on here will know for sure. If it is any help to you, I have a low km 4500 RPM gas tachometer that I will sell for less than the one on Ebay. If you currently do not have a tachometer, then I'm not sure how you wire it in, but it can be done.

Edit: Mr. David here beat me to it, but I had a feeling that the diesel tach would not work on the I6.

Max,

Here is a picture of the 4500 RPM gas tachometer that I have. It has 44,000 original kms on it. Also, I didn't think of it until after, but since you have an American market truck in Germany, I also have an extra Kilometer speedometer if you want or need one.

IMG_6381.jpg.3f2326bc3d59c2de56f7f5da58d9a4de.jpg

Max,

Here is a picture of the 4500 RPM gas tachometer that I have. It has 44,000 original kms on it. Also, I didn't think of it until after, but since you have an American market truck in Germany, I also have an extra Kilometer speedometer if you want or need one.

In order to use a tach in a non-tach cluster you first have to have gauges not lights.

IIRC should also be 81 on up as 80 has different wiring for the gauge cluster.

If you meet the above besides the tach you need the printed board for gauges and tach.

There are 3 printed boards:

Non-gauges

Gauges no tach

Gauges with tach.

I was able to add a tach to my 81 gauge only cluster by adding the printed board for Gauges with tach and the tack. They also say you may have to plug a wire in the engine bay by the left fender, I did not have to do this.

Dave ----

Max,

Hello Rembrant,

that's really great with the offer. :nabble_anim_claps:

How much do you want for the speedometer? You can also write it to me by mail.

I don't need the Kilo-Speedo, I think the mile version is much more authentic.:nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll definitely think about it.

Thank you

Max

In order to use a tach in a non-tach cluster you first have to have gauges not lights.

IIRC should also be 81 on up as 80 has different wiring for the gauge cluster.

If you meet the above besides the tach you need the printed board for gauges and tach.

There are 3 printed boards:

Non-gauges

Gauges no tach

Gauges with tach.

I was able to add a tach to my 81 gauge only cluster by adding the printed board for Gauges with tach and the tack. They also say you may have to plug a wire in the engine bay by the left fender, I did not have to do this.

Dave ----

Ohh, okay, i have the non gauges version.

The wiring is no problem but the Lights are it.

I like the non gauge:nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Hello Rembrant,

that's really great with the offer. :nabble_anim_claps:

How much do you want for the speedometer? You can also write it to me by mail.

I don't need the Kilo-Speedo, I think the mile version is much more authentic.:nabble_smiley_wink:

Understood on the miles per hour Speedo. I thought I'd mention it just in case as I have a couple spares, and they're not really worth anything.

I'll message you on the 4500 RPM tachometer.

Max, I am running a four lug 4,500 rpm gas tachometer in my 1981 with the 300 six. I had to isolate the “8” lug from the printed circuit film to get it to read correctly on the 6 cylinder. After doing that it matched what the tach dwell meter says that I had hooked up in the engine bay.

BE777C91-404D-48BF-9E23-26926719361F.jpeg.26d5a1c63fcc31f479e9d1ca84082fe1.jpeg

Max, I am running a four lug 4,500 rpm gas tachometer in my 1981 with the 300 six. I had to isolate the “8” lug from the printed circuit film to get it to read correctly on the 6 cylinder. After doing that it matched what the tach dwell meter says that I had hooked up in the engine bay.

Hey Jon, I believe Max has one of the early (1980) clusters that have the warning lights. Do you know if a factory tach can be installed in one of these clusters? It looks like the main plug is right where the tach goes in these clusters? Unless they were different in 1980...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1986-Ford-F150-Truck-Bronco-Instrument-Cluster-Gauges-Speedometer-OEM/264667162596?hash=item3d9f6467e4:g:eGwAAOSwNvBebRac