Bullnose Forums

385ci windsor, project motor for the 86

NZCOBRA

Beautiful!

Love the headers. Do they clear the frame? I had some problems with mine, but I have the massive 460, so the clearance is minimal.

Hi Gary , I have no idea ! not really an issue ,i will just alter them if required , I am expecting something , plan is to just get the motor together this year ,no hurry , and would like to paint engine bay, to tidy up the blue on a replacement guard ,not a show truck but tidy , I have a mate to wire in My Motec ECU and i have a fast ignition box need to make a relay and fuse block , get rid of those TAD TAB solenoids . I was an Auto machinist by trade, also worked as a fitter and turner / fabrication , and now a shift engineer. I want motor to have good torque ,smallish cam , intake runners maybe a little short, but might be better on runner volume to suit the cubic inch . Cheers.

Hi Gary , I have no idea ! not really an issue ,i will just alter them if required , I am expecting something , plan is to just get the motor together this year ,no hurry , and would like to paint engine bay, to tidy up the blue on a replacement guard ,not a show truck but tidy , I have a mate to wire in My Motec ECU and i have a fast ignition box need to make a relay and fuse block , get rid of those TAD TAB solenoids . I was an Auto machinist by trade, also worked as a fitter and turner / fabrication , and now a shift engineer. I want motor to have good torque ,smallish cam , intake runners maybe a little short, but might be better on runner volume to suit the cubic inch . Cheers.

I am recycling some of these parts and some were bought cheap at the right time ,

should turn into a nice motor. I bought these heads in about 1992 !

World_Snr.jpg.95995372b218d8f6aa348a2066e0916b.jpg

I 💓 those heads! 😉

Thanks, it will be good to get a second use out of the Dart 2s ! when I bought them, world products Snr now,I managed to get my cruise control to work today , wow never seen it work :nabble_anim_jump: I need to buy an alternator soon ,(keep someone in a job) hope the US gets this Virus under control . Cheers.

I am recycling some of these parts and some were bought cheap at the right time ,

should turn into a nice motor. I bought these heads in about 1992 !

My mistake on the headers was to have them Jet-Hot coated w/o having installed them. The coating means you don't want to be rough with them, much less beat on them w/a hammer. So it was no fun installing them and I had to cut ~1/2" out of the frame to get enough clearance.

Nice looking heads!

On the relays, you might read Scott's experience here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-Camano-Experience-tp35327p48433.html.

My mistake on the headers was to have them Jet-Hot coated w/o having installed them. The coating means you don't want to be rough with them, much less beat on them w/a hammer. So it was no fun installing them and I had to cut ~1/2" out of the frame to get enough clearance.

Nice looking heads!

On the relays, you might read Scott's experience here: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-Camano-Experience-tp35327p48433.html.

I forgot about the speed control. Those are robust systems that work nicely, so it is a shame to have one but not be able to use it. Glad you got yours going.

I forgot about the speed control. Those are robust systems that work nicely, so it is a shame to have one but not be able to use it. Glad you got yours going.

I dont know much about the speed control , so is the servo and all the related parts reliable ? , i have seen the diagram on this site , but not much info on the web , i have seen a new servo for sale that looks exactly the same but is for a 90 and says not compatable ? What normaly stops working . The headers , that is why i bought the uncoated , i could have made some but didnt like the idea of perching myself on the guard or radiator to tac up pipes , dont think my back would like that anymore ☺ Cheers.

I dont know much about the speed control , so is the servo and all the related parts reliable ? , i have seen the diagram on this site , but not much info on the web , i have seen a new servo for sale that looks exactly the same but is for a 90 and says not compatable ? What normaly stops working . The headers , that is why i bought the uncoated , i could have made some but didnt like the idea of perching myself on the guard or radiator to tac up pipes , dont think my back would like that anymore ☺ Cheers.

Yes, the various parts are very reliable. I've not seen any of the parts fail.

As for the later ones, my catalog only goes through 1989, so I can't say after that. But I know that by '95 the system changed from a vacuum-operated servo to an electrically-operated servo.

However, through 1989 Ford used similar servos. You can see the part numbers on our page at Documentation/Electrical/Speed Control and on the Part Numbers tab. I just added that tab and its contents so you could see the parts in the kits.

You'll see that D9AZ 9C735-B was the servo used from 1980 through 1983. Then E4AZ 9C735-B was introduced in 1984 and used through 1987. And E73Z 9C735-A was introduced in 1988. However, I have handled all of them and can't tell them apart, so would bet they will interchange.