Bullnose Forums

Virtual Truck Show? Thoughts & Ideas, Please!

Ok folks, we are now almost exactly two months after we last posted about this idea. And, we are two months and about two weeks from the date of the show. I think we need to make a decision by the 19th of this month as that will be exactly two months from the date of the show and I need the time to prepare for whatever is decided. So we basically have two weeks to make the decision.

If I had to decide today I'd say we should have a virtual show, meaning we won't have the truck show "in person" this year. I say that because it is my impression that the spread of the virus is accelerating rapidly instead of slowing. And I just read this article that says 65% of Americans agree with me. In fact other countries certainly agree as the EU has just decided that we Yanks cannot travel to Europe. Further, the borders to/from Canada & Mexico are closed for non-essential travel, and that closure keeps getting renewed.

But, I would like to see your thoughts.

Virtual truck show is probably gonna be the best bet, I feel attendance will decline for an in-person show due to not only Covid fears, but Covid-related circumstances such as job loss and income. I know I personally won't be able to make an in-person show this year. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virtual truck show is probably gonna be the best bet, I feel attendance will decline for an in-person show due to not only Covid fears, but Covid-related circumstances such as job loss and income. I know I personally won't be able to make an in-person show this year. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Good point, Shaun. Thanks for the input.

Good point, Shaun. Thanks for the input.

I don't think it's prudent to have any gathering from wideflung locations.

As is I can't visit my buddy in Vermont because there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine for visitors from CT and N.Y..

I can go do my business in Colrain, MA, a few miles down the road, but I figured if I'm going to be in his backyard I should visit.

I'll do sausage and beans on the grill if you send me one of Janey's brownies!

I don't think it's prudent to have any gathering from wideflung locations.

As is I can't visit my buddy in Vermont because there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine for visitors from CT and N.Y..

I can go do my business in Colrain, MA, a few miles down the road, but I figured if I'm going to be in his backyard I should visit.

I'll do sausage and beans on the grill if you send me one of Janey's brownies!

I didn't realize that VT had mandatory quarantines. Interesting.

Anyway, I do agree with you about having gatherings, much less from wide-flung locations.

As for the brownies, I think we can manage that. :nabble_smiley_good:

I didn't realize that VT had mandatory quarantines. Interesting.

Anyway, I do agree with you about having gatherings, much less from wide-flung locations.

As for the brownies, I think we can manage that. :nabble_smiley_good:

Just one.

I'm not huge on dessert/sweets but I've heard so much about Janeys I can't miss it. 😋

It's a tradition!

Virtual truck show is probably gonna be the best bet, I feel attendance will decline for an in-person show due to not only Covid fears, but Covid-related circumstances such as job loss and income.

I agree. Between the border issues and my decrease in income, I think virtual will be as good as it gets for me. We were 100% Covid-19 free here for two plus weeks...and now we've had 3 new cases in as many days...all people that traveled from outside. What a mess.

I'd absolutely love to roadtrip my Bull to Skiatook. Gary, you need to move to New England!!...lol.

However it works out I'd love to take part, and besides you guys should have a funny Canadian accent to make fun of, EH?...lol. I could get some BBQ takeout and have it while we're together (virtually together).

Virtual truck show is probably gonna be the best bet, I feel attendance will decline for an in-person show due to not only Covid fears, but Covid-related circumstances such as job loss and income.

I agree. Between the border issues and my decrease in income, I think virtual will be as good as it gets for me. We were 100% Covid-19 free here for two plus weeks...and now we've had 3 new cases in as many days...all people that traveled from outside. What a mess.

I'd absolutely love to roadtrip my Bull to Skiatook. Gary, you need to move to New England!!...lol.

However it works out I'd love to take part, and besides you guys should have a funny Canadian accent to make fun of, EH?...lol. I could get some BBQ takeout and have it while we're together (virtually together).

Cory - I'd love to hear you say "aboot". :nabble_anim_blbl:

Seriously though, I simply cannot see having the in-person show this year. My high school graduating class is currently debating having our 55th reunion in October, and one of our classmates that is a doctor just explained that this virus is going to be with us until well after they come up with a vaccine - and that won't happen until year-end at best. So if it isn't safe for a class reunion in late October it sure isn't going to be safe for a truck show in mid-September.

But let's let a few more chime in before we make a decision.

Cory - I'd love to hear you say "aboot". :nabble_anim_blbl:

Seriously though, I simply cannot see having the in-person show this year. My high school graduating class is currently debating having our 55th reunion in October, and one of our classmates that is a doctor just explained that this virus is going to be with us until well after they come up with a vaccine - and that won't happen until year-end at best. So if it isn't safe for a class reunion in late October it sure isn't going to be safe for a truck show in mid-September.

But let's let a few more chime in before we make a decision.

Arizona has become such a COVID hotspot that many states are implementing a mandatory quarantine for anyone coming from this state. We had almost 5,000 new cases reported in a single day. The hospitals in Phoenix and Tucson are overflowing and tough decisions are having to be made regarding who gets the care and who is too far gone. I remember reading that our summer heat would destroy the virus on surfaces and folks were expecting a decline in the illness. Obviously that has not happened. My wife is a nurse at the Kingman hospital, and they are pushing cross training in PCU in preparation for more cases and in-state transfers. Arizona has had some of the least stringent lock down measures, and strong push back against mask requirements etc., and the results are not good. I am as tired of this virus situation as the next guy, but I truly believe the responsible thing to do is to limit person to person contact as much as we can. I know the show and get together arose out of the desire to visit face to face and see each other’s trucks in person (to augment the virtual experience of online interaction) so more virtual interacting isn’t going to fully replace the actual event... but it’s the right thing to do. And as already mentioned it will have benefits such as participation from international members who couldn’t otherwise bring their trucks to Skiatook. I also applaud the idea to adapt and hold a virtual event instead of simply cancelling.

Arizona has become such a COVID hotspot that many states are implementing a mandatory quarantine for anyone coming from this state. We had almost 5,000 new cases reported in a single day. The hospitals in Phoenix and Tucson are overflowing and tough decisions are having to be made regarding who gets the care and who is too far gone. I remember reading that our summer heat would destroy the virus on surfaces and folks were expecting a decline in the illness. Obviously that has not happened. My wife is a nurse at the Kingman hospital, and they are pushing cross training in PCU in preparation for more cases and in-state transfers. Arizona has had some of the least stringent lock down measures, and strong push back against mask requirements etc., and the results are not good. I am as tired of this virus situation as the next guy, but I truly believe the responsible thing to do is to limit person to person contact as much as we can. I know the show and get together arose out of the desire to visit face to face and see each other’s trucks in person (to augment the virtual experience of online interaction) so more virtual interacting isn’t going to fully replace the actual event... but it’s the right thing to do. And as already mentioned it will have benefits such as participation from international members who couldn’t otherwise bring their trucks to Skiatook. I also applaud the idea to adapt and hold a virtual event instead of simply cancelling.

Sorry to hear there are so many Covidiots in your State Jonathan.

If someone wants to be reckless w with their own life, fine.

If someone wants to ignore to ignore the facts, and infects others, they should be jailed not hospitalized.

There was a HUGE party next door yesterday. (judging by all the cars, pool splashing and applause for the DJ's disco hits of the '70's)

If every person there dropped dead tomorrow, they deserved it.

But if they infect their parents, kids or other members of the public because of their "God given right to be 'Murican!" they can xXxX right off!

Sorry to hear there are so many Covidiots in your State Jonathan.

If someone wants to be reckless w with their own life, fine.

If someone wants to ignore to ignore the facts, and infects others, they should be jailed not hospitalized.

There was a HUGE party next door yesterday. (judging by all the cars, pool splashing and applause for the DJ's disco hits of the '70's)

If every person there dropped dead tomorrow, they deserved it.

But if they infect their parents, kids or other members of the public because of their "God given right to be 'Murican!" they can xXxX right off!

Jim, the level of denial is staggering. Even with the recent explosion in COVID cases, our school system is still scheduled to resume classes August 6th. On Memorial Day the overflow parking lots at Lake Mohave were packed full and the line to get in was backed up all the way to Bullhead. You would think the number of dead people would be sobering, but all I hear is people crying that the numbers are manipulated and skewed. This shouldn’t be a political issue, but it is being turned into one which is further distracting from the science of any data. I can’t tell you if the numbers are being cooked up this way or that, but being married to a nurse I promise you that that the disease is horrific, it is killing people, and our hospital is filling up. It is horrible and I hate that it isn’t being taken seriously enough in my area.