Bullnose Forums

Virtual Truck Show? Thoughts & Ideas, Please!

On the truck categories, perhaps an ugly truck. Mine might qualify for that one, though I know they come uglier as I've seen them around here. There's nothing wrong with the normal categories that are normally seen at other shows, but having some unique categories to suit our members would be nice as well.

The way you have the TOM photos and voting seems like a good platform to transition into different categories like stock, custom, high performance, rat rod.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way you have the TOM photos and voting seems like a good platform to transition into different categories like stock, custom, high performance, rat rod.

If possible, set aside a "section" where "attendees" can photograph items that would have been brought to the show for sale. Then, if anyone was interested they can contact the seller through email, via the forum.

I like the idea Gary.

Some of us wouldn't have to plan for 4-5 days travel time, and with a lot of us underemployed ATM we wouldn't have to budget for fuel or accommodations either.

While I'm not a technophobe, I'm not too up to speed on the latest apps.

Teams, Go To Meeting, Slack and Duo (nee Hangouts) work cross platform, where Facetime doesn't.

I suppose I could make a burner FB account, but I still despise their data gathering (not that others like Google and Amazon don't... but I don't need FB)

I think it should stay the Garagemahal show.

That's where all the work happens.

The Bible is a resource of knowledge and documentation.

Would that mean , trucks from other country's could enter !

Yes! We want everyone to participate! So, Vaughn, you'd get to show off all your work.

For those of us that have made a lot of changes to our trucks, that could mean we want to provide a lot of pictures to show off the work. But, I think we will have to limit it to a small number for each truck or people won't get through all of them.

Do any of you know of other virtual shows like this? If so, please provide a link as I'd like to see how they are doing it.

Do any of you know of other virtual shows like this? If so, please provide a link as I'd like to see how they are doing it.

Gary, I don't know of any virtual truck shows...I guess you're venturing out into new territory here. I was look at this Canadian truck club below, and they posted pictures from various events and shows...obviously after the fact, but you could do something similar as the main event.

Just pick an event in the Club Event Photo Gallery section linked below. Some nice old Fords there too.

http://www.fordtruckclub.com/PhotoGalleries.html

• 1 month later...

Gary, I don't know of any virtual truck shows...I guess you're venturing out into new territory here. I was look at this Canadian truck club below, and they posted pictures from various events and shows...obviously after the fact, but you could do something similar as the main event.

Just pick an event in the Club Event Photo Gallery section linked below. Some nice old Fords there too.

http://www.fordtruckclub.com/PhotoGalleries.html

Ok folks, we are now almost exactly two months after we last posted about this idea. And, we are two months and about two weeks from the date of the show. I think we need to make a decision by the 19th of this month as that will be exactly two months from the date of the show and I need the time to prepare for whatever is decided. So we basically have two weeks to make the decision.

If I had to decide today I'd say we should have a virtual show, meaning we won't have the truck show "in person" this year. I say that because it is my impression that the spread of the virus is accelerating rapidly instead of slowing. And I just read this article that says 65% of Americans agree with me. In fact other countries certainly agree as the EU has just decided that we Yanks cannot travel to Europe. Further, the borders to/from Canada & Mexico are closed for non-essential travel, and that closure keeps getting renewed.

But, I would like to see your thoughts.