Bullnose Forums

Virtual Truck Show? Thoughts & Ideas, Please!

This September 19th, the third Saturday, is the time for the 2020 WHATEVERITIS Truck Show. (Garagemahal or Bullnosebible?) However, in the background David and I've been talking about whether it'll get to happen this year. And in the midst of that he suggested we consider a virtual truck show. Here's his suggested text:

Due to the uncertain foreseeable future [COVID-19], if it is not safe to hold this year's Truck Show, each person who planned to be there could take current photos of their truck, which they would have driven, and post them. You might want to standardize by asking for a front and side [or all 4 sides] taken from a specified distance. Perhaps one photo should include the owner. These photos could be put together [your magic] and displayed.

Next, each person [attendee] should include himself or herself eating some barbeque, sausage and beans. Then, these photos could be grouped to show what would have been the Friday night feast at your house.

Oh yeah, take some photos of Janey and her breakfast casserole and delicious brownies! That way all of us seasoned veterans can groan and sigh, knowing how very delicious they are and what we missed!

Finally, take some really good photos of The Garagemahal and your trucks. That would be for those who would want to see all that there is to see and would act as a teaser for next year!

To that I'd add that we set out the categories, like Best Interior, Best Engine, Best Paint, etc and let y'all vote on the entries. Then I ship out the trophies to the winners.

So, with that I'm asking for your thoughts on how we could host a virtual truck show - if we have to.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding idea!!

I'm all in, 100%.

I would have loved to attend the show this year Gary, but between the virus issues...and now the economic issues...and border issues, it's not looking like it will happen. Heck, even all of the local car shows here are cancelled for the foreseeable future. A Virtual show should turn into many more entries than would actually be there physically, no?

Outstanding idea!!

I'm all in, 100%.

I would have loved to attend the show this year Gary, but between the virus issues...and now the economic issues...and border issues, it's not looking like it will happen. Heck, even all of the local car shows here are cancelled for the foreseeable future. A Virtual show should turn into many more entries than would actually be there physically, no?

Yes, I'm sure we'd have many more entries that if we had a f2f meet. But we probably need a few more rules. Unlike previous shows which were open to everybody, I'm thinking this one is only open to Bullnose Forum members, and we may have to have a cutoff date or a post-count minimum.

Does this make sense? Or should it be open to anyone?

However, while the theme is "Ford truck", that doesn't mean it has to be a Bullnose, so whatever Ford "truck" a member has would be acceptable.

What else? What other rules do we need?

Also, we usually get sponsorship from LMC, JBG, Summit, etc. If we do I would mail the gift certificates with the trophies. But, I'll ask them not to send me the catalogs and other stuff, like window cards, as they won't be used and I don't want to ship them.

Ideas, please!

Yes, I'm sure we'd have many more entries that if we had a f2f meet. But we probably need a few more rules. Unlike previous shows which were open to everybody, I'm thinking this one is only open to Bullnose Forum members, and we may have to have a cutoff date or a post-count minimum.

However, while the theme is "Ford truck", that doesn't mean it has to be a Bullnose, so whatever Ford "truck" a member has would be acceptable.

Also, we usually get sponsorship from LMC, JBG, Summit, etc. If we do I would mail the gift certificates with the trophies. But, I'll ask them not to send me the catalogs and other stuff, like window cards, as they won't be used and I don't want to ship them.

Ideas, please!

I love the idea, and believe it would be a great alternative to the show this year.

How about members who have two Ford trucks that could possibly have made it to the show if the right arrangements were made? Can we submit both trucks? Or are we limited to one truck per member?

What about trucks that are half-complete, in other words ones that have half an interior and an empty engine bay? :nabble_smiley_blush:

Ideas, please!

I'm thinking that this is a fantastic idea. I'm already realizing that there won't be many or any of the local shows that I frequent with my 49' so any way to get the feel of community that comes along with them even through the power of viral technology is welcome. I'm pretty new here, but will support as much as possible to see this materialize.

I'm thinking that this is a fantastic idea. I'm already realizing that there won't be many or any of the local shows that I frequent with my 49' so any way to get the feel of community that comes along with them even through the power of viral technology is welcome. I'm pretty new here, but will support as much as possible to see this materialize.

Shaun - Don't know why you couldn't submit both trucks. Seems reasonable to me, said the guy with two trucks.

Brian - Thanks.

All - Keep the cards and letters coming in, please. But another thought - do we just do this similar to the Truck Of The Month poll, meaning there's a time frame for submitting, then there's a time frame for voting?

Is there a way to use video to advantage? (If we were doing Facebook I'd suggest FB Live.)

What other ideas do you have? Please share so we can think out of the box.

Is there a way to use video to advantage? (If we were doing Facebook I'd suggest FB Live.)

We have been using Microsoft Teams at work a lot lately, and it seems to work pretty well. However, I have only been using it on my laptop. A couple of my coworkers have been using it on their iPhones and are happy with it. I haven't tried the app yet, but will get around to it sometime. Anyway, it has been working OK for remote meetings and presentations and such. Just an FYI if you were looking for something to use. I'm not familiar with FB Live at all, but I have a few people in my friends list that have used it at concerts and live events.

We have been using Microsoft Teams at work a lot lately, and it seems to work pretty well. However, I have only been using it on my laptop. A couple of my coworkers have been using it on their iPhones and are happy with it. I haven't tried the app yet, but will get around to it sometime. Anyway, it has been working OK for remote meetings and presentations and such. Just an FYI if you were looking for something to use. I'm not familiar with FB Live at all, but I have a few people in my friends list that have used it at concerts and live events.

That's a possibility, Cory. And for church we are using Zoom. So maybe one of those would work for us - assuming we want it to be live.

But I could just video things and post the Youtubes.

We need to kick this around quite a bit.

That's a possibility, Cory. And for church we are using Zoom. So maybe one of those would work for us - assuming we want it to be live.

But I could just video things and post the Youtubes.

We need to kick this around quite a bit.

I've done some training on Zoom as well Gary, and it seems to work fine.

A Youtube video would work as good as anything. Might be good advertisement for the webpage/forum as well. I have no problem taking/posting videos.

I think the idea of a Virtual truck show is cool though.

I've done some training on Zoom as well Gary, and it seems to work fine.

A Youtube video would work as good as anything. Might be good advertisement for the webpage/forum as well. I have no problem taking/posting videos.

I think the idea of a Virtual truck show is cool though.

On the truck categories, perhaps an ugly truck. Mine might qualify for that one, though I know they come uglier as I've seen them around here. There's nothing wrong with the normal categories that are normally seen at other shows, but having some unique categories to suit our members would be nice as well.