Bullnose Forums

New job....at LMC!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith - We do have an option on here to limit viewing of a page to those having a password. We haven't implemented it so there is no p/w at present. But we could.

However, it would be easy for another vendor to join and, therefore, get access. So I don't know that it would be very effective or secure....

Definitely not trying to change anyone's perspectives here, but offering another one...

If the goal here is for LMC to set up a system to get marketing info, then yes, it's important that it not be accessible to LMCs competitors.

But if the goal is for the Bullnose Forum to set up a system to give suggestions for aftermarket support, then it would work out best if it WAS available to the entire aftermarket.

Again, not saying people are thinking about it wrong. But if everyone knows the ground rules it can work well either way.

Keith - We do have an option on here to limit viewing of a page to those having a password. We haven't implemented it so there is no p/w at present. But we could.

However, it would be easy for another vendor to join and, therefore, get access. So I don't know that it would be very effective or secure....

Definitely not trying to change anyone's perspectives here, but offering another one...

If the goal here is for LMC to set up a system to get marketing info, then yes, it's important that it not be accessible to LMCs competitors.

But if the goal is for the Bullnose Forum to set up a system to give suggestions for aftermarket support, then it would work out best if it WAS available to the entire aftermarket.

Again, not saying people are thinking about it wrong. But if everyone knows the ground rules it can work well either way.

Very good point, Bob. :nabble_smiley_good:

Sure would be nice to have a way to do both at the same time. :nabble_anim_confused:

Very good point, Bob. :nabble_smiley_good:

Sure would be nice to have a way to do both at the same time. :nabble_anim_confused:

I think it really comes down to how you/we want Keith/LMC tied in. Keith being on this site and in his position at LMC gives us an unusual "in" there. If you want to take full advantage of that, having a strong two-way relationship, you need to make it worth Keith / LMCs time and effort. But if it's more a one-way thing, where we can make suggestions but aren't expecting LMC to do anything more that whatever they see as their best interest, then it should be more open.

And personally I don't care which way it tries to go. I just wanted to point out that it could go either way.

I think it really comes down to how you/we want Keith/LMC tied in. Keith being on this site and in his position at LMC gives us an unusual "in" there. If you want to take full advantage of that, having a strong two-way relationship, you need to make it worth Keith / LMCs time and effort. But if it's more a one-way thing, where we can make suggestions but aren't expecting LMC to do anything more that whatever they see as their best interest, then it should be more open.

And personally I don't care which way it tries to go. I just wanted to point out that it could go either way.

It is something we need to think about. But, we may be able follow FORDification.com's lead. (The site, rather than Keith/FORDification.) He is Mr FORDification.com, so is going to be thinking through how that relationship will play out.

On the one hand we don't want to be thought of as The LMC Site. On the other hand if we can further the Bullnose parts scene then it would be advantageous for us to do so.

So, I think Fordification.com and Bullnosebible.com, assuming that's what we become, can work together as the two pre-eminent sites for these trucks to help foster the hobby.

It is something we need to think about. But, we may be able follow FORDification.com's lead. (The site, rather than Keith/FORDification.) He is Mr FORDification.com, so is going to be thinking through how that relationship will play out.

On the one hand we don't want to be thought of as The LMC Site. On the other hand if we can further the Bullnose parts scene then it would be advantageous for us to do so.

So, I think Fordification.com and Bullnosebible.com, assuming that's what we become, can work together as the two pre-eminent sites for these trucks to help foster the hobby.

I think with the wealth of information available on this website we are quickly reaching that as the end goal.

I think with the wealth of information available on this website we are quickly reaching that as the end goal.

I'm obviously biased, but I think it is safe to say the Documentation side is "the" place for Bullnose information.

But I don't know about the forum. I'm not on other forums, so don't have a way to compare. But I can say that the traffic to the forum as well as membership is growing handily.

It's kinda like I told Gary...over the past couple decades, through the three FORDification sites and various FORDification Facebook groups I've always done what was best for the trucks and the hobby as a whole. But now I have to also look at things from a slightly different additional angle, a professional angle I've never had to worry about before, so it'll be a bit of a balancing act to be effective at both. Ideally it can benefit both, while minimizing the risk of other vendors beating us to the punch in getting these parts reproduced. While in discussions with the personnel at LMC I was assured that they're really wanting to approach this market pretty aggressively, so I'm confident right now that they're going to follow through with expanding the list of available parts.

We'll get it figured out. :nabble_smiley_good:

Perhaps Gary and myself could get a thread going were we try to consolidate the most common things that are sought after on these trucks so that we can provide you will a steady database to get rolling with once you finally settle in with LMC. I'm very excited that someone with an interest in these trucks will be finally sitting behind the curtain in a major restoration outlet. I hope there is some way than I can contribute to your catalog.

Well, here's the thing...if we make a publicly-available post with a list of parts that need to be reproduced, other vendors are going to see that list too, and could possibly beat us to the punch. Granted, it's going to be a 3-4 weeks before I'm actually there working in an official capacity, but I'd sure like to not have to beat other vendors in a race to see who can come out with a part first. I'm in a new unique situation where I now need to consider, for example, the possible loss of resources by my future employer if someone else releases a new part first that we're currently working on.

So while I don't have an immediate answer, I'm thinking that perhaps just making a post suggesting that folks contact me directly with suggestions of things to look into in the future. I'll have to give this some thought to come up with a way for you all to make suggestions in private. I hope you understand what I'm getting at here.

When I first got word I was being considered for this position, I made a post in a couple Facebooks groups asking member's opinions on what should be reproduced, and I happen to know for a fact that at least one other aftermarket parts vendor (the owner of the company) was monitoring the thread for ideas for his own company. Now obviously I have no way of knowing what that vendor decided to do with the suggestions posted, but I'm going to have to assume he's using it to try to be the first source available for some of the parts suggested.

Congrats!

Sounds like a killer job and well worth the hassle of moving.

Let me put these two items on a wish list:

Pre 85 F250XLT/F350 Brake Booster

Steering Column parts

Keep us updated

So with LMC seeing these Ford trucks as being the next huge market, does that mean we will start seeing parts that they used to offer but stopped offering as well as offering more parts?

Such as offering the windshield trim? they used to offer it then their supplier went out of business or something I heard. Same with the plastic interior dash trim bezels that used to be offered at one time as well.

That's the only reason why I don't buy my stuff from LMC is cause they don't stock what I need, have better luck getting parts for my '82 from Dennis-Carpenter or NPD.

If you are going to be able to push some parts I can provide a little wish list of parts ive been trying to locate.