Bullnose Forums

POLL: Open Up The Facebook Page(s)?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We have a Facebook page called the Bullnose Forum. And we have one called Gary's Garagemahal. Both are set up as just placeholders pointing people here.

But there are people on here, myself included, who frequent the various Bullnose pages on Facebook. And there are people on Facebook who aren't interested in a forum.

So, should we open those pages up to comments and questions? If so, we need to use the same guidelines we have here, and we need to enforce them as I do not like the way some other pages are allowed to run. And that would mean we'd need some people to sign up to moderate there.

Thoughts? Votes?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dumped Facebook just over a year ago, and it was one of the smartest things I've done. The whole site is a cesspool - so I voted 'no'.

I dumped it for almost 5 years for the same reason, and only in the last year or two re-activated my account so that I had access to FB Marketplace and Vendor pages (where they post their sales and discount codes).

Otherwise, I would probably have stayed off it forever.

In any case, I too voted no. I think it would be too difficult to police and keep it as nice/calm/cool/collected as Gary's forum.

I dumped Facebook just over a year ago, and it was one of the smartest things I've done. The whole site is a cesspool - so I voted 'no'.

Matthew - I understand from whence you come. But my premise was that we impose our guidelines.

I do NOT want a cesspool and wonder if there are others like that out there who would be willing to join a Facebook page but don't want a forum. There appears to be a whole generation of folks who do social media, like FB, but don't do forums. Do we want to help them? At what cost? Those are the basic questions.

I dumped it for almost 5 years for the same reason, and only in the last year or two re-activated my account so that I had access to FB Marketplace and Vendor pages (where they post their sales and discount codes).

Otherwise, I would probably have stayed off it forever.

In any case, I too voted no. I think it would be too difficult to police and keep it as nice/calm/cool/collected as Gary's forum.

Cory - I understand where you are coming from as well. We sure seem to see the seamy side of people at times on Facebook. And it would be work, for sure, to police it.

Cory - I understand where you are coming from as well. We sure seem to see the seamy side of people at times on Facebook. And it would be work, for sure, to police it.

I don't really feel it's a worthwhile endeavor, based upon what I see on the current bullnose groups and other vehicle related groups. There's a lot of Gen Y and Gen Z on Facebook, and they aren't necessarily interested in the "why" and "how", they're only interested in the "how". The nice thing about this forum is that it caters to both. I feel our time would be better spent monitoring the current groups and shall any of us determine somebody is interested in more than just "How do I rig this to fix that", then we can continue to direct those people here.

X3 on Facebook, I'm using an old backup account that has six friends, and only use it for Groups and Marketplace. I ditched my personal account back around the time President Trump was first running for office because I was tired of my feed being covered in assorted "filth". Life is much better without Facebook, and if it wasn't for some of my close friends on Instagram, I would get rid of that as well.

I don't really feel it's a worthwhile endeavor, based upon what I see on the current bullnose groups and other vehicle related groups. There's a lot of Gen Y and Gen Z on Facebook, and they aren't necessarily interested in the "why" and "how", they're only interested in the "how". The nice thing about this forum is that it caters to both. I feel our time would be better spent monitoring the current groups and shall any of us determine somebody is interested in more than just "How do I rig this to fix that", then we can continue to direct those people here.

X3 on Facebook, I'm using an old backup account that has six friends, and only use it for Groups and Marketplace. I ditched my personal account back around the time President Trump was first running for office because I was tired of my feed being covered in assorted "filth". Life is much better without Facebook, and if it wasn't for some of my close friends on Instagram, I would get rid of that as well.

I appreciate the direct and honest feedback. And I can understand ditching Facebook. However, our church uses it religiously (:nabble_smiley_wink:) so I'll continue to use it. In fact, via Facebook I just learned that Steve/FoxFord33 is ill, so keep him in your prayers.

Anyway, I agree it would take a lot of work, and I can see how the view might not be worth the climb.

So thanks. But let's leave this poll up for a bit to see what happens.

I appreciate the direct and honest feedback. And I can understand ditching Facebook. However, our church uses it religiously (:nabble_smiley_wink:) so I'll continue to use it. In fact, via Facebook I just learned that Steve/FoxFord33 is ill, so keep him in your prayers.

Anyway, I agree it would take a lot of work, and I can see how the view might not be worth the climb.

Prayers for Steve. 🙏

I hope he recovers.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other.

I'm not on FB and other social media for various reasons, not the least of which is the echo chamber.

I would open up the Bullnose Forum and leave the Garagemahal the way it is. I am admin on two groups, 429-460 Big Block Fords and Ford Dually trucks. We somewhat rely on member policing and it works pretty well, any member can report a post and one of the admins has to review and decide to keep or delete it.

You would be amazed at what people try to post. We had one guy on the 429-460 group, apparently young, who went to work at a dealership and was forever listing new F150s on there. He blocked the site owner and I was asked if I could dump him (he neglected to see who the other admins were) so he was toast. One guy posted his sister's Chevy 1500 4 times, I deleted it each time (all posts have to be approved by an admin) and he kept coming back, I warned him, asked the group owner as he had added him, and the next time I deleted the post and him. I can mute someone who is arrogant and crude for a period, which sometimes they just quit after that.

Gary, maybe some of us who are on FB could help monitor it for you.

Gary, I also voted no. I dumped Face book an while back also. One, for the bad attitude of most of the yungsters that have no clue and when you give them a straight answer on the right way to do something, that's not the answer they want. I dumped it because it seamed like the inmates were running the prision.

Lastly, my account was hacked every few months and I dint think we need a bunch of hackers to swarm over us.

If there are a few that would like to join here, cool. Bring them on, but I deffenetly don't miss Face book or the B.S. that it brings.