Bullnose Forums

New yet familiar

ClayJ

That's Rusty, for sure! The radiator fan shroud is from Dad's truck, which is supposed to get a NOS one. That one's not perfect, but it is far better than the one that was on Rusty when I got him. The blue carpet came out of an '85 I parted out. The seat is one I bought from another member, and is WAY better than the one that came in him. And on and on.

Yep, he's a red-headed step-child, but he's solid. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And it still has the Oklahoma tag!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And it still has the Oklahoma tag!

Yep I've read through his entire story over on FTE. I thought it was very cool to see how everything came together. That's right it still has the Okie plates on it. Like I said, he's pretty much hung out in my FiL's shop for the past few years. That won't be the case once I have him home. Not to worry though, my background is in Army Aviation and I'm very particular about my equipment and maintenance.

Yep I've read through his entire story over on FTE. I thought it was very cool to see how everything came together. That's right it still has the Okie plates on it. Like I said, he's pretty much hung out in my FiL's shop for the past few years. That won't be the case once I have him home. Not to worry though, my background is in Army Aviation and I'm very particular about my equipment and maintenance.

Just Facetimed with my 8 1/2 year old grandtwins and showed them the pic since they've ridden in Rusty. My grandson said "That's MY truck!" And I remember they weren't very happy when I sold him.

We have a show here the third Saturday of every September, however I'm not sure it'll happen this year given the virus. But when we get the show going again I hope you'll consider bringing him up for it. Having said that, he got ~13 MPG at 65 MPH IIRC.

Just Facetimed with my 8 1/2 year old grandtwins and showed them the pic since they've ridden in Rusty. My grandson said "That's MY truck!" And I remember they weren't very happy when I sold him.

We have a show here the third Saturday of every September, however I'm not sure it'll happen this year given the virus. But when we get the show going again I hope you'll consider bringing him up for it. Having said that, he got ~13 MPG at 65 MPH IIRC.

Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon. I'll put that date on the calendar!

Hopefully everything gets back to normal soon. I'll put that date on the calendar!

Clay, you just made Gary a happy man. I know Gary will be even happier knowing someone is loving that truck still.

Glad to have you here. I havent been too active in the past year because of building my empire, but I will try to help if I can.

Clay, you just made Gary a happy man. I know Gary will be even happier knowing someone is loving that truck still.

Glad to have you here. I havent been too active in the past year because of building my empire, but I will try to help if I can.

Thanks for the welcomes Dane and Ray. I look forward to being a part of the community!

That's Rusty, for sure! The radiator fan shroud is from Dad's truck, which is supposed to get a NOS one. That one's not perfect, but it is far better than the one that was on Rusty when I got him. The blue carpet came out of an '85 I parted out. The seat is one I bought from another member, and is WAY better than the one that came in him. And on and on.

Yep, he's a red-headed step-child, but he's solid. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Just found a few other pics of Rusty. Several are in Documentation/Cooling Systems/Coolant Recovery & Windshield Washer Reservoirs. Several others are in Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems (click on Vacuum Systems). Rusty if famous!

Just found a few other pics of Rusty. Several are in Documentation/Cooling Systems/Coolant Recovery & Windshield Washer Reservoirs. Several others are in Documentation/Underhood/Vacuum Systems (click on Vacuum Systems). Rusty if famous!

That's too cool Gary. I hadn't gotten that far along just yet. It's quite the encyclopedia you've built here. Hats off to you and yes it appears that Rusty is a bit famous. It would also be fair to say your Dad's truck and Big Blue are as well.

Quick update: Depending on if the FiL's mechanic can get the new flywheel installed and Rusty's C6 reinstalled I may be making the trip to East Texas to pick him up this coming weekend! Praying all goes smooth.

That's too cool Gary. I hadn't gotten that far along just yet. It's quite the encyclopedia you've built here. Hats off to you and yes it appears that Rusty is a bit famous. It would also be fair to say your Dad's truck and Big Blue are as well.

Quick update: Depending on if the FiL's mechanic can get the new flywheel installed and Rusty's C6 reinstalled I may be making the trip to East Texas to pick him up this coming weekend! Praying all goes smooth.

Thanks, "the" encyclopedia" on Bullnose trucks is what I'm striving for. And the examples to-hand often get staring roles. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll pray that all goes smoothly for you & Rusty. Don't remember that the A/C was working, so I hope it is still cool down there.

Thanks, "the" encyclopedia" on Bullnose trucks is what I'm striving for. And the examples to-hand often get staring roles. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'll pray that all goes smoothly for you & Rusty. Don't remember that the A/C was working, so I hope it is still cool down there.

You well know it's"The Bullnose Bible!"