Bullnose Forums

1981 F-350 4x4 Fire Truck in Oregon

Cool truck. According to that original order sheet it has a limited slip diff too. The fire departments sure did like those single wheel F350's. I'd rock it.

Set up for 2 batteries also.

What is with the door panels? My 81 has slider locks but that one has the push/pull buttons?

It is a nice looking truck, wonder what all they would do to the lettering & lights?

Its the roof lights and any holes left behind I would worry about.

Dave ----

Set up for 2 batteries also.

What is with the door panels? My 81 has slider locks but that one has the push/pull buttons?

It is a nice looking truck, wonder what all they would do to the lettering & lights?

Its the roof lights and any holes left behind I would worry about.

Dave ----

Dave - As explained on our page here (Documentation/Interior/Doors/Door Locks) the sliders were replaced by pins during the 1981 production year. That truck shows an "in service" date of 8/27/81, and it appears to have been ordered, so it is a fairly late production '81. By then only the Twin Cities plant was still using sliders, so it must have been produced elsewhere, although I haven't figured out where from those pics.

Dave - As explained on our page here (Documentation/Interior/Doors/Door Locks) the sliders were replaced by pins during the 1981 production year. That truck shows an "in service" date of 8/27/81, and it appears to have been ordered, so it is a fairly late production '81. By then only the Twin Cities plant was still using sliders, so it must have been produced elsewhere, although I haven't figured out where from those pics.

According to the listing, it says it was built in San Jose.