Bullnose Forums

Question About Brake Parts

That's why I'm liking something smaller. The Motive Products units hold 2 quarts.

I have an air pressure regulator that works nicely down at well less than 10 psi. If I had a reservoir that held a couple of quarts of brake fluid I could put a fitting in a screw-on cap for my later master, come out of the reservoir's bottom with a hose into the cap, fill it with brake fluid, hang it from the hood, and put air to it. Go around opening the bleeders and running that into a catch can, making sure not to deplete the reservoir.

Now, if I could find a kit like that so I don't have to make it....:nabble_anim_working:

Gary and Jim. I do agree that that pressure bleeder just might be a little big for the guys that don't do this for a living. I put the pictures up as kind of a joke. Still at the end of the day, when the Snap On and MATCO trucks have come in with the latest and greatest pressure and vacume bleeders, And the guys spend their money on them just to find out that they don't work as advertised. Or don't work as well as they were told.

IF you guys have something that works good for you, good deal.

Gary and Jim. I do agree that that pressure bleeder just might be a little big for the guys that don't do this for a living. I put the pictures up as kind of a joke. Still at the end of the day, when the Snap On and MATCO trucks have come in with the latest and greatest pressure and vacume bleeders, And the guys spend their money on them just to find out that they don't work as advertised. Or don't work as well as they were told.

IF you guys have something that works good for you, good deal.

Steve, you OBVIOUSLY have something that works for you! 💪

If I had a shop where it could earn its keep, I most certainly would have a commercial duty pressure bleeder.

Steve, you OBVIOUSLY have something that works for you! 💪

If I had a shop where it could earn its keep, I most certainly would have a commercial duty pressure bleeder.

What a lively discussion!

I got a little done last weekend and had some minor results. Got the brake light to go off at least.

Gravity bled the system but only the rear passenger valve let out air. Maybe because the truck wasnt on level ground.

As far as speed bleeders, I see Russell had 2 listed on the autozone website that fit my truck: front and rear. Theyre the same thread but I believe the rear has a longer threaded section.

I got a little done last weekend and had some minor results. Got the brake light to go off at least.

Gravity bled the system but only the rear passenger valve let out air. Maybe because the truck wasnt on level ground.

As far as speed bleeders, I see Russell had 2 listed on the autozone website that fit my truck: front and rear. Theyre the same thread but I believe the rear has a longer threaded section.

I bought some speed bleeders listed for my truck. Will not work, IIRC, they were too big, i.e. thread size.

Fortunately they are “supposed” to fit my Bronco, we shall see.

Sam - are you double-checking here?

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/speed-bleeders/truck-suv.shtml

I bought some speed bleeders listed for my truck. Will not work, IIRC, they were too big, i.e. thread size.

Fortunately they are “supposed” to fit my Bronco, we shall see.

https://m.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-bleeder-screw/russell-brake-bleeder-screw-639600/346162_620191_0?aqs=

I was looking thru autozones selection and they have this as a match for me.

Now, Im not saying I trust Autozone, which is why I came here with the question.

I dont see these listed on the Russell chart though.

https://m.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-bleeder-screw/russell-brake-bleeder-screw-639600/346162_620191_0?aqs=

I was looking thru autozones selection and they have this as a match for me.

Now, Im not saying I trust Autozone, which is why I came here with the question.

I dont see these listed on the Russell chart though.

Interesting.

Those are likely right since they are 1.5".

Funny but AutoZone shows both the 639600 and 639590 as being a fit for the fronts on a F250 4wd. The 590's are the ones I got and at 1" they are too short.

Have you found any for the rears?

Interesting.

Those are likely right since they are 1.5".

Funny but AutoZone shows both the 639600 and 639590 as being a fit for the fronts on a F250 4wd. The 590's are the ones I got and at 1" they are too short.

Have you found any for the rears?

I think it lists the 600s as the rears...but IIRC the rears are a much smaller thread.