Bullnose Forums

Question About Brake Parts

Im looking for help ordering brake pads.

I see a couple different options: 4wd, Rwd, and Dual piston. But I have no idea what the difference is.

Im also looking at getting a set of speed-bleeder valves for the truck because it's a one man show over here. If anyone knows what size threads the bleeder valves are, let me know. 3/8x24 is what I'm seeing for Russell speed-bleeders.

Thanks and hope everyones doing well and getting stuff done this weekend.

*Sam, you have 4WD and dual piston calipers, what's the question?

Not sure of bleeder thread pitch.

I use my MityVac for brake bleeding.

Im just really not familiar with these trucks and there were too many options for caliper style.

Thanks for your help:nabble_anim_handshake:

I used a motive brake bleeder last time I replaced the MC but still didnt get a stiff pedal.

Ive used a mighty vac in the past and didnt get the best results. I know a lot of people who swear by them and I use them for other things but could never do a proper bleed with one.

Im expecting to be doing brakes a couple times because I think I have a leak somewhere so anything to make the process easier Im going to try it.

In the long run I know I should make new hard lines instead of half stepping the project. If new calipers and a fresh bleed doesnt get better results then Im diving all the way in.

Im just really not familiar with these trucks and there were too many options for caliper style.

Thanks for your help:nabble_anim_handshake:

I used a motive brake bleeder last time I replaced the MC but still didnt get a stiff pedal.

Ive used a mighty vac in the past and didnt get the best results. I know a lot of people who swear by them and I use them for other things but could never do a proper bleed with one.

Im expecting to be doing brakes a couple times because I think I have a leak somewhere so anything to make the process easier Im going to try it.

In the long run I know I should make new hard lines instead of half stepping the project. If new calipers and a fresh bleed doesnt get better results then Im diving all the way in.

Double check on the speed bleeders for a 4wd F250 before you order them. I've got a set of 4 on a shelf because I assumed the catalog just left that combo off accidentally. As far as Dane and I know, they don't make them for us.

I have a craftsman bleeder that is the same as the mighty vac. Never have gotten it to work well. Always go back to the wife press and hold method.

Double check on the speed bleeders for a 4wd F250 before you order them. I've got a set of 4 on a shelf because I assumed the catalog just left that combo off accidentally. As far as Dane and I know, they don't make them for us.

I have a craftsman bleeder that is the same as the mighty vac. Never have gotten it to work well. Always go back to the wife press and hold method.

Thanks for that info, Scott. I will take my bleeder valves off and find the thread size before I order. Im hoping they have a match but if not, Ill do it the original way.

Theres also gravity bleeding, which I now have enough time for so I may give it a try.

Thanks for that info, Scott. I will take my bleeder valves off and find the thread size before I order. Im hoping they have a match but if not, Ill do it the original way.

Theres also gravity bleeding, which I now have enough time for so I may give it a try.

It was actually the length that caused me issues on the front. I don't believe the speed bleeders are long enough to fully seat.

Let us know what you find. Would really like to try some of them out

Have either of you ever used a simple piece of clear hose and a jar half full of brake fluid?

Tygon tubing doesn't seem to get stiff and brittle after one use.

Have either of you ever used a simple piece of clear hose and a jar half full of brake fluid?

Tygon tubing doesn't seem to get stiff and brittle after one use.

Tried that the last time but the tubing I had on hand didn't want to stay uncurled and knocked the mason jar over. After cleaning that up, was easier to call my wife out :nabble_smiley_beam:

With the right tubing or having the jar secured I'd give it another go.

Tried that the last time but the tubing I had on hand didn't want to stay uncurled and knocked the mason jar over. After cleaning that up, was easier to call my wife out :nabble_smiley_beam:

With the right tubing or having the jar secured I'd give it another go.

Tygon, meant as fuel line, is almost rubbery, it doesn't seem to stay curled or have much memory.

I used a pickle jar, because that's what I had in the bin that I could find the lid for. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Tygon, meant as fuel line, is almost rubbery, it doesn't seem to stay curled or have much memory.

I used a pickle jar, because that's what I had in the bin that I could find the lid for. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

A flawless selection process if ever there was one!

Thanks for the heads up on the Tygon.