Bullnose Forums

C6 plumbing

NAPA filters are Wix too.

Yeah, I don't have many good things to say about Advance's administration.

But, the guys I've known from CarQuest stores for decades still have jobs (so there is that)

Sales goals, and discipline/demerits are the sort of thing that really chafes me.

Speedperks is just there to keep customers engaged.

I get better pricing every day at the commercial desk.

But a "free" $10 or more will make me stop for something I needed anyhow.

The CarQuest stores are independently owned and operated, Advance just owns them corporately to bring in sales for the company. In other words CQ is just an Advance subsidiary. The Speed Perks system they had before was much better. You get nothing more than $5 now. Before, you could get $10, $20, and $50; that's gone now. There was a brief period during this past years holiday season where they were actually letting you double up on them at checkout, but then they realized how much money they were losing so they took that away again. I can't even see what a particular account has; just how many points.

The commercial desk is the way to go, best thing to do is make friends with the parts store guys. A lot of times they will hook you up. I know I definitely take care of my repeat customers, friends and family.

Jim, I buy all my Motorcraft filters from Wally World, the local independent Jobber carries Wix which is what is on the Chrysler engine currently as even though Wally World carries Mopar filters, their little lookup device only shows a Fram filter for those engines (thread and base is the same as the Fl1a but frame clearance makes it interesting).

Yeah 3/4x16 is a pretty common thread size, you can get them with different size bodies.

Angelo - Do you have the charcoal canister under the battery? If not, how 'bout placing the filter there? The factory hard lines run up that way anyway, and you'd stay inside the frame.

No, any and every emissions equipment feasible on this thing is long, long gone. That is a thought as well, but I'd like to keep it away from the pan/pulleys. If I snap a belt, who knows what will happen. Maybe I'm being too picky.

Wouldn't it be easier to put a shield over the hoses running along the frame to under the battery than to shield the whole filter assembly outside the frame. You'd only need to shield the bit in line with the belts if that's your worry.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be easier to put a shield over the hoses running along the frame to under the battery than to shield the whole filter assembly outside the frame. You'd only need to shield the bit in line with the belts if that's your worry.

That was my line of thought when putting it on the firewall, it's a non AC truck so there's plenty of room there. Then I wouldn't have to make any kind of shield.