Bullnose Forums

fuel tanks

question is can you reuse your old hose if you go with the late model filler neck.

I thought of doing that but flare sides are impossible nearly to find the filler neck hose itself from the neck to the tank.

Then again I am not sure if the 85/86 fuel tank I am getting for my fuel injection setup would be capable of accepting the later style filler neck tube.

As far as was mentioned earlier the hoses/necks should be the same, we installed a later tank in a '82 F150 at work for a 5.0 coyote swap and the OE filler hose still connected just fine.

While you guys were talking about sending units, I found this place several years ago. Have never used them but Might have to by the time I get around to all my projects.

http://tristarrradiator.com/

They will rebuild your sending unit to new condition. Take a look at some of the before and after pictures.

question is can you reuse your old hose if you go with the late model filler neck.

I thought of doing that but flare sides are impossible nearly to find the filler neck hose itself from the neck to the tank.

Then again I am not sure if the 85/86 fuel tank I am getting for my fuel injection setup would be capable of accepting the later style filler neck tube.

As far as was mentioned earlier the hoses/necks should be the same, we installed a later tank in a '82 F150 at work for a 5.0 coyote swap and the OE filler hose still connected just fine.

Rusty,

If you use a '87/ fill hose you need the '87/ fill neck.

These sit a little different angle behind the box.

If you want details on Flaresides you should ask Dave.

He set his truck up with dual tanks.

But this gentleman wants to use an '85-'86 large bung tank in his diesel Styleside.

And for that, it's no problem using a '80-'84 fill hose.