Bullnose Forums

Temperature gauge not working

I'm not too well versed in 300... :nabble_smiley_blush:

Neither am I, but I just happened to look at a 1983 with a 300 at the junkyard a few months ago, an both manifolds were missing so I had clear view of the temp sender. Otherwise I wouldn't have known.

In any case, I'm anxious to hear the next chapter in this story now that the OP knows where to check. I imagine that sender is quite well hidden from normal view with a completely intact engine.

Look where the bold arrow is pointing in that illustration from the parts catalog. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Taking bets that the sender isn't even plugged in?

Broken wire counts.

Look where the bold arrow is pointing in that illustration from the parts catalog. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Taking bets that the sender isn't even plugged in?

Broken wire counts.

You guys are awesome! Pictures are worth a thousand words. I found the sending unit, and sure enough, no wire was attached to it. I rooted around the bell housing and discovered an unattached wire with the appropriate "plug" on the end. I grounded that wire, turned on the key, and I have a temperature gauge that works!

I've got some stuff apart on the engine right now, so I can't test the sending unit, but I will by the end of the day.

Once again, thanks very much.

You guys are awesome! Pictures are worth a thousand words. I found the sending unit, and sure enough, no wire was attached to it. I rooted around the bell housing and discovered an unattached wire with the appropriate "plug" on the end. I grounded that wire, turned on the key, and I have a temperature gauge that works!

I've got some stuff apart on the engine right now, so I can't test the sending unit, but I will by the end of the day.

Congrat's! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Great that it was an easy, no $ fix, Rob! :nabble_smiley_good:

Hope the rest of your engine work goes as smoothly this afternoon.

That 300 is about a perfect engine for a 150 work truck.