Bullnose Forums

"The Great Unscrewing"

Thank you!!!

I'm just doing what I do... :nabble_smiley_blush:

Be aware that the bolt that holds that block to the axle is hollow and should have a hose that leads up under the bed.

If the bolt and hose are not clear, the axle will push out gear lube when it is in use.

• 1 month later...

I'm just doing what I do... :nabble_smiley_blush:

Be aware that the bolt that holds that block to the axle is hollow and should have a hose that leads up under the bed.

If the bolt and hose are not clear, the axle will push out gear lube when it is in use.

Lord help me. So after much work, the brake system is entirely redone and the truck does NOT die anymore! But I have one last hurdle that I have no idea how it happened, or a way around it. Somehow, (perhaps due to improper lifting), the shackles have came off the leaf spring. This is a very precarious situation, so I want your advice on how to slip them back on for now. Much thanks! 117588381_986961818443875_478477177513209974_n.jpg.5705e498bdc201604bef58444b553379.jpg117815124_584992532160293_3513130655364395869_n.jpg.2572051f69c99ee6b312f218e691c676.jpg117717249_3188710204540402_2204609161668868497_n.jpg.515f6734da9359eae61ef3d73ba8b4cb.jpg

Lord help me. So after much work, the brake system is entirely redone and the truck does NOT die anymore! But I have one last hurdle that I have no idea how it happened, or a way around it. Somehow, (perhaps due to improper lifting), the shackles have came off the leaf spring. This is a very precarious situation, so I want your advice on how to slip them back on for now. Much thanks!

The leaf spring should wrap entirely around that bolt, with a rubber bushing between.

Does the opposite side look like this too? 😲

From the rust marks it looks to have been rubbing the bottom of the bed for quite some time.

It almost looks like someone cut the eyes off both springs. Why, I have no idea unless they were trying to get the bushings out and didn't have a clue what they were doing.

The leaf spring should wrap entirely around that bolt, with a rubber bushing between.

Does the opposite side look like this too? 😲

Yup! Someone had quite the plan for this truck.... :/ Not pictured are the two holes in the back near the bed where they wanted to straight pipe it up, trucker style. So, I'm guessing it's time for new leaf springs...

Yup! Someone had quite the plan for this truck.... :/ Not pictured are the two holes in the back near the bed where they wanted to straight pipe it up, trucker style. So, I'm guessing it's time for new leaf springs...

Gideon - Glad you got the brakes done and the engine doesn't die. But those springs need to be replaced, just as you thought.

So, some teenager owned your truck? :nabble_smiley_cry:

Some teenager with not alot of brain!!!

So, I found a leaf donor off a 96, got the mounting plate, U bolt, and a new shackle set for 130! But now, trying to put the damn thing back on is giving me a headache! The attaching groove for the rear axle doesn't want to line up with the spring center, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to attach it to both attachment points. Do you guys have any tips? I have the truck perhaps 3/4ths of a foot high. Do I need to go higher? Thank you!!!