Bullnose Forums

"The Great Unscrewing"

No sir, my truck is base package, all my bearing issues have been primary up front though.

I meant that someone (prolly before you were born) had a locker installed.

Even with Dana's TracLoc the truck should just lift and spin the inside tire.

If you find it kicking out and acting squirrelly there's a reason.... and it probably didn't come from the factory with it.

I was able to get the pull the numbers on other solenoid on the same bracket, but the TAD/TAB's just seem so oddball. I was wondering if I could slam jam a Mustang one into it, but I just have a weird feeling about it.

I'm sure with a little backyard engineering you could likely get any vacuum operating solenoid to function for now.

But if the part numbers cross over, why not get ones that are direct replacement?

I'm sure with a little backyard engineering you could likely get any vacuum operating solenoid to function for now.

But if the part numbers cross over, why not get ones that are direct replacement?

I actually just found a new entire bracket assembly, thank god! One more thing off the list!

I meant that someone (prolly before you were born) had a locker installed.

Even with Dana's TracLoc the truck should just lift and spin the inside tire.

If you find it kicking out and acting squirrelly there's a reason.... and it probably didn't come from the factory with it.

I see what you are saying about the rear now. Right now, I got it up to redo the brakes and bearings, so I will take a gander when I'm done!

Nice looking truck Gid, and seems to be in pretty decent condition for a northern rig.

Have you purchased a code reader yet?

https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-Ford-Digital-Reader/dp/B000EW0KHW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I understand that there is a way to get the codes with a paperclip, but I'm not personally familiar with that, and the code reader is only $30 bucks.

Hopefully Vinny will pop by, he is really good with the 302 EFI trucks.

I'm not much help unfortunately.

Nice looking truck Gid, and seems to be in pretty decent condition for a northern rig.

Have you purchased a code reader yet?

https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-Ford-Digital-Reader/dp/B000EW0KHW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I understand that there is a way to get the codes with a paperclip, but I'm not personally familiar with that, and the code reader is only $30 bucks.

Hopefully Vinny will pop by, he is really good with the 302 EFI trucks.

I'm not much help unfortunately.

There's info on checking codes with test lights and analog volt meters on our page here: Documentation/Electrical/Electronic Engine Control (EEC). But the reader is the best way.

I was able to get the pull the numbers on other solenoid on the same bracket, but the TAD/TAB's just seem so oddball. I was wondering if I could slam jam a Mustang one into it, but I just have a weird feeling about it.

I have a good used set for 1985-86 302 EFI.

DSCN1483_copy.thumb.jpg.62575b9c7e6f87f67901ca1ccd56f42f.jpg

DSCN1484_copy.thumb.jpg.af9f72aad66c82ecc349fe57e75bfec2.jpg

O2 sensor for the 1985-86 302s is in the rear of the right exhaust manifold. If the manifold was changed, the replacement may not have had a place for it.

Two options if this is the case, get a correct manifold (may be a problem) or have an exhaust shop put a bung in the exhaust pipe. On that location you will need to probably use a heated O2 sensor for it to work properly.

Nice looking truck!

It is my understanding that there is only 1 O2 sensor right? Just want to make sure before I get the part.