Bullnose Forums

Glove Box Light

Our member Matt Wood, from the UK, has asked me for pics of the glove box light. Turns out that one of the screws holding the light in Big Blue is stripped such that it won't back out, so I did my best w/o fully removing it. But if more pics are needed please let me know.

And, do y'all think this needs to be on a page in Documentation/Electrical? Easy enough to do, so....

First, here's the glove box latch, w/o switch:

Glove_Box_Latch.thumb.jpg.63542e17a2af559e4791b538ab0461c0.jpg

Then here's a shot from the left front:

Glove_Box_Light_-_Left_Front.thumb.jpg.9a11bc055aa901d625b38f671269256c.jpg

Right front:

Glove_Box_Light_-_Right_Front.thumb.jpg.78d7f8b0dc1d49ce062e9b73ecca01ee.jpg

And from the rear:

Glove_Box_Light_-_Rear.thumb.jpg.bea6ee257f3f9e1915006048faedc615.jpg

And, to complete the documentation, here's the wiring schematic:

Glove_Box_Light_Wiring.thumb.jpg.bcf0dc6745a8fddc70ba41dab9343ced.jpg

Hi Gary, thanks for the brilliant photos, it a lot more involved than i first thought (completely different latch ASSY), i have the wiring for it so may look online for a factory ASSY. Could you let me know what the part number is please if its not too much trouble.

Failing finding a factory ASSY then i will splice the factory harness into a T10 holder and make my own.

As for adding this to the site, it may be a good idea seeing as you've gone to the trouble of taking the pictures already if it doesn't take too long then might as well.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Gary, thanks for the brilliant photos, it a lot more involved than i first thought (completely different latch ASSY), i have the wiring for it so may look online for a factory ASSY. Could you let me know what the part number is please if its not too much trouble.

Failing finding a factory ASSY then i will splice the factory harness into a T10 holder and make my own.

As for adding this to the site, it may be a good idea seeing as you've gone to the trouble of taking the pictures already if it doesn't take too long then might as well.

Thanks

Matt

Matt - Looks like the switch comes with the wiring. Here's the part number:

Switch__Wiring_Header.thumb.jpg.0d0efe2f217a22198be6e4d04b5e4f5e.jpgSwitch__Wiring_PN.thumb.jpg.5aebee8816960b0ab25453d0885f5d0a.jpg

And here's the only illustration for it in the master parts catalog:

Switch__Wiring_Illustration.thumb.jpg.3d15dc2f294db8ba8dd9bf91ed3b65ff.jpg

Matt - Looks like the switch comes with the wiring. Here's the part number:

And here's the only illustration for it in the master parts catalog:

So from my research, i have found a few of NOS ones on ebay! relatively cheap even after shipping (£23!) they don't appear to have the wiring included as i think the wiring is standard for every loom its just a matter of Ford changing the latch ASSY at the factory, i found (what i believe to be the wiring for it) tucked up behind the radio. ill take some pictures tomorrow of the connector i have found so that i can confirm the findings for others to use if they would like.

So from my research, i have found a few of NOS ones on ebay! relatively cheap even after shipping (£23!) they don't appear to have the wiring included as i think the wiring is standard for every loom its just a matter of Ford changing the latch ASSY at the factory, i found (what i believe to be the wiring for it) tucked up behind the radio. ill take some pictures tomorrow of the connector i have found so that i can confirm the findings for others to use if they would like.

Good news, Matt! Please keep us apprised.

Matt - Looks like the switch comes with the wiring.

But it looks like the wiring plugs into the light assy.

So would the wiring be part of the main trucks harness like the clock wiring so all you have to do is get the assy. be it glove box light / switch or the clock and just plug it in?

At this time I don't feel the need for a glove box light but just wanted to know how it gets its power.

Thanks

Dave ----

Matt - Looks like the switch comes with the wiring.

But it looks like the wiring plugs into the light assy.

So would the wiring be part of the main trucks harness like the clock wiring so all you have to do is get the assy. be it glove box light / switch or the clock and just plug it in?

At this time I don't feel the need for a glove box light but just wanted to know how it gets its power.

Thanks

Dave ----

I think Matt is saying he thinks the trucks come with the wiring and the switch/light combo just plugs into it.

I think Matt is saying he thinks the trucks come with the wiring and the switch/light combo just plugs into it.

The glove box light is part of the light group option. The plug for the light is in the light group harness, and that harness plugs into the connector behind the radio bezel. If one were to only seek the glove box lamp, they could pull the power from that connector behind the radio bezel.

The glove box light is part of the light group option. The plug for the light is in the light group harness, and that harness plugs into the connector behind the radio bezel. If one were to only seek the glove box lamp, they could pull the power from that connector behind the radio bezel.

Thanks with all the dash work / wiring I have done I don't think I have the light harness.

Again for me not a big deal as I have a working dome light and I am happy with just that.

Dave ----

after further inspection you are correct! I dont know what i was looking at when i thought i saw the connector but i was very much mistaken, I dont have the light group and thus dont have the harness for the glove box light. i will likely get a light and modify it (as i dont have a connector that will fit) and try to make that work