Bullnose Forums

New member form Central Tex.

goste

Hi all, long time lurker on this forum, decided , was time to register.

My truck ; 1983 F250 single wheel cab and chassis, 460 4V, C6, incomplete vehicle sold to U.S. Air Force, Purchased by me 2009. at auction, for 400.00. 53,000 miles. Nomenclature tag on dash say's was a staked bed, but , is now a short flatbed. Now has 76,000 mi. Wife Hates it. :nabble_anim_confused:.

Anyways, Happy Easter All.

Cliff

Welcome, Cliff! Glad you, finally joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

What town in central Tejas? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you.

Would you create a signature? The instructions are in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. And maybe put your name in there? We like to be on a first name basis as that helps to make it more personal.

Welcome, Cliff! Glad you, finally joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

What town in central Tejas? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you.

Would you create a signature? The instructions are in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's. And maybe put your name in there? We like to be on a first name basis as that helps to make it more personal.

Welcome!

Welcome to the croud. There is a lot of good stuff and a lot of smart folks on here.

Just a quick translation for ya, "Stake bed" is military for short flat bed.

Yup

Stake bed has pockets around the edges where you can fit posts, or sections -like a fence- to keep the load from sliding off.

Even a gate in the rear.

Real tall sides for something like hay or short as a 2x6 on edge so it's easy to reach over if you're making frequent stops. Say fixing a fenceline out on the ranch.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Cliff!

Thanks for the welcome, guys

And yes, it does have Pockets around the flat bed for stakes. When first purchased from the Gov. surplus in Lubbock tx, it had a 8 ft tall enclosed box on the back, we removed the box, to use as a storage shed, and lo and behold, the short flat bed (stake bed) was underneath..