Bullnose Forum

Slave cylinder trouble

Brian,

All I can say is that at one point I did have an aluminum slave that does have a bleed nipple just like a brake caliper (I think I do still have it , in a box or tote somewhere)

Maybe it was a 351 application?

IDK, but it was great.

I kept it in hopes of a rebuild, but when I need a clutch, I need it NOW.

The other solution with that one is to run tubing up, and into the master.

Fill the tube and just keep cycling.

Pic, to prove it exists

https://live.staticflickr.com/8243/8654301895_aea3431cff_b.jpg

That bleed nipple would have made the whole process alot simpler. I ordered a new slave that looks pretty similar, I'll save it for the next time I have to do anything to the hyd system.

Just force fluid from the nipple to the master.

Let us know what it is and where you got it

Bleed the system off-the-truck, this is what I did by myself, and it gets done in 10 minutes.

Remove the master, line and slave (if you have the out-side style)

Attach the master on top of a 6' ladder, with line attached and the slave attached. (if the slave is around the input shaft, Just the master and line will do, but add a weight is the whole line is vertical.

Fill the master and open the bleed on the slave (if one).

Slightly tap the line from bottom ( slave area) to the top.

Watch the bubbles form in the master... keep adding fluid as the master cylinder fluid gets lower... Slightly pump the master and tap the line, over and over again. till the master cant be pumped any more.

Then remove the system from the ladder and put the master in a vise, (line end lower) pump and tap till the rod can only move about 1/4"

Install master cover.

Now install the bled-system to the truck.

slide the closed line (or slave cylinder) down the fire wall Connect the master and then connect slave.

Done!

There are videos on this...

Works! :nabble_anim_claps:

It's supposed to be on my front porch before the weekend. I'll post more info on it once I can do an unbox and bench review.

Just showed up.15870544576917356314518193540664.jpg.10cb37b8b3117347171519d278c9badc.jpg15870545537094573885592743984488.jpg.911ff8a96450ccccb1c0ff154968ecd4.jpg

It seems to be decent quality aluminum casting. Came with new bracket, seal, and split pin. It's probably better than the factory plastic slave, at least it's got a proper bleed nipple

Just showed up.

It seems to be decent quality aluminum casting. Came with new bracket, seal, and split pin. It's probably better than the factory plastic slave, at least it's got a proper bleed nipple

Brian, thank you for sharing the PN and manufacture.

Exedy is fine quality friction components in my experience.

If I ever have to replace my slave, I'll know what to buy, thanks to you! :nabble_smiley_good: