Bullnose Forums

Flareside Stripe kit Update, All Vinyl now cut!

Sitting home with time, Lets make the Ford stripe kit and cut it out with my new plotter.

Hmmm. Here's the templates before going to CAD...

Stripe_Kit.thumb.jpg.52538e3ab7fc129ecb7af9e0650b5b7a.jpg

Flareside stripe kit set progress, all vinyl cut (in ford Bittersweet Red) Kit includes 17 pieces + extras. 2-front fender stripes, 4-door stripes, 4 bed side "caps", 2-bed lower stripes, 2-bed upper stripes, 1 tailgate "box" for around letters, and 2-cab ends. 3/4" wide like the originals. now need to screen print the silver accent stripe, and all done.

3_fenders.thumb.jpg.2b9d105b43fa522b820e43b0d405c227.jpg

4_complete_set.thumb.jpg.c02e12417320efacb0d9faa1e9e671cf.jpg

1_tailgate.thumb.jpg.9423d5b06ac660fb99a3bb30f8208af2.jpg

2_Bed_sides.thumb.jpg.1ad53b17990ca693d3184ad707459c26.jpg

Ok, I'll bite - are they reflective? What colors? Do you have a pic of a truck with the ones you are cutting out?

Cool!

Ill be using "as close as possible to original" Ford tapes from Oracal cast vinyl, and screen printing the accent stripe to match the MPC strips... Blue, Red, Bittersweet, Charcoal, ect..fender1.jpg.04def75a33bcca7af731d61b9b902b47.jpg

fender.thumb.jpg.106fe3ff9c8a1418913a942fd4ede2b7.jpg

Stripe_kit_photo.jpg.a799d9efe200b992cb09cdfb86a1d1a4.jpg

Or at least, that's the plan, More details on my Facebook page, "Flareside only page"

Ill be using "as close as possible to original" Ford tapes from Oracal cast vinyl, and screen printing the accent stripe to match the MPC strips... Blue, Red, Bittersweet, Charcoal, ect..

Or at least, that's the plan, More details on my Facebook page, "Flareside only page"

Ron - Yippeee! I like it! :nabble_anim_claps:

Ill be using "as close as possible to original" Ford tapes from Oracal cast vinyl, and screen printing the accent stripe to match the MPC strips... Blue, Red, Bittersweet, Charcoal, ect..

Following! 84 Flareside owner here, my truck was Midnight Blue, with a two-tone vinyl stripe, like this (or very similar) If this is what you're making, count me in!

That light blue/medium blue is what was on my '82. Only thing is mine is two tape packages combined to one. I also have a curved piece of tape along the top of the cab so the back and roof of the cab is painted argent silver.

Are you going to be selling these stripe kits or is it a project for your own use?

Cause I do plan on having my truck painted but I want to put the OE stripe back on. Either decal and clear over or painted on and cleared over.

Mine pinstriping how ever appears in the door jamb to be dark blue with a light blue in the middle. while the one photoed above is light blue with a dark blue middle.

I also don't know why the image posted sideways. its straight up and down on my pc.

pinstripe.thumb.jpg.d5dbe5526f0443977cc2c5621d59a1d0.jpg

Following! 84 Flareside owner here, my truck was Midnight Blue, with a two-tone vinyl stripe, like this (or very similar) If this is what you're making, count me in!

That's what my '82 is. Midnight blue poly exterior and argent silver two tone.

Mine has the traditional pin striping found on flare sides but mine also has a add on for the cab roof to have the roof and back of the cab painted argent silver.

I was able to do the tail gate pinstriping with some generic blue on blue but its not correct. When I get mine repainted I want OE pinstriping. If I have to I am fully willing to pay to have mine painted on if that's the only option. Wouldn't be hard to do just mask the stripes off paint it once dry lay a mask in the middle then spray again for the outside colors.

That's what my '82 is. Midnight blue poly exterior and argent silver two tone.

Mine has the traditional pin striping found on flare sides but mine also has a add on for the cab roof to have the roof and back of the cab painted argent silver.

I was able to do the tail gate pinstriping with some generic blue on blue but its not correct. When I get mine repainted I want OE pinstriping. If I have to I am fully willing to pay to have mine painted on if that's the only option. Wouldn't be hard to do just mask the stripes off paint it once dry lay a mask in the middle then spray again for the outside colors.

Yep, Ckuske this one is on the game plan....

Yep, Ckuske this one is on the game plan....

So I went through the MPC and the stripe section,

the accent colors for the Flareside were:

White

Orange

Silver

Gold

Blue

Blue (med)

Red/orange

Tan

Teal

Will concentrate on accent colors White, Silver and Blue...