Bullnose Forums

Testimonial for Ford engines!

Our plans for a big vacation this year are probably dead as well. We were going to the UK immediately after the show, but I really can't see that happening with the pandemic.

Gary, we might have to ship you by sea freight to the UK...

I guess we could fix up a 20 or 40 foot container for you...lol.

Our plans for a big vacation this year are probably dead as well. We were going to the UK immediately after the show, but I really can't see that happening with the pandemic.

Gary, we might have to ship you by sea freight to the UK...

I guess we could fix up a 20 or 40 foot container for you...lol.

Well, that might be interesting financially. I could take a Bullnose and sell it over there?

Parts Truck's 302 only has 186k on it. I should be good for a while!

My daily Ranger has 176k on it's little 3.0 V6 (bought it with 42K), and only thing I've had to fix on the engine itself is gaskets and camshaft synchronizers. I've seen the 3.0's go to 220k at least, so I'm hoping for 200k and when that time comes in a year or so I will assume I've gotten my money's worth out of it and will probably start looking for something else to drive as a DD. Would love to keep the little Ranger for years to come as it was my high school graduation present to myself and it would be cool to still have it twenty years from now.

My daily Ranger has 176k on it's little 3.0 V6 (bought it with 42K), and only thing I've had to fix on the engine itself is gaskets and camshaft synchronizers. I've seen the 3.0's go to 220k at least, so I'm hoping for 200k and when that time comes in a year or so I will assume I've gotten my money's worth out of it and will probably start looking for something else to drive as a DD. Would love to keep the little Ranger for years to come as it was my high school graduation present to myself and it would be cool to still have it twenty years from now.

I had a 1990 Aerostar van that had over 330,000 miles when I had to quit driving it only due to being made the unwilling meat in a car wreck sandwich. The front and rear was destroyed but it still ran perfect.:nabble_smiley_sad:

I had a 1990 Aerostar van that had over 330,000 miles when I had to quit driving it only due to being made the unwilling meat in a car wreck sandwich. The front and rear was destroyed but it still ran perfect.:nabble_smiley_sad:

Not a Bullnose, but my best friend's 2003 E250 5.4L has over 600K and I know for a fact the furthest it's been into was a water pump and thermostat. It was a route truck for my brother's business, went every week to WV from Chesapeake VA, but every other week of that was into Ohio.

Not a Bullnose, but my best friend's 2003 E250 5.4L has over 600K and I know for a fact the furthest it's been into was a water pump and thermostat. It was a route truck for my brother's business, went every week to WV from Chesapeake VA, but every other week of that was into Ohio.

400k very hard miles on my 300-6. Only thing I've done to it was a thermostat gasket.

It could use a pushrod cover gasket (what one doesn't). I have replaced the coil/cap/rotor/plugs/wires under routine maintenance accordingly and a fuel pressure regulator once in diagnosing a slowly dying fuel pump.

But no real mechanical work to the engine trans or rear end.

• 1 year later...

400k very hard miles on my 300-6. Only thing I've done to it was a thermostat gasket.

It could use a pushrod cover gasket (what one doesn't). I have replaced the coil/cap/rotor/plugs/wires under routine maintenance accordingly and a fuel pressure regulator once in diagnosing a slowly dying fuel pump.

But no real mechanical work to the engine trans or rear end.

I haven't seen this one yet, but last weekend my son told me about one of his friend's cars. It's a '68 Fairlane that he inherited from his grandparents. One owner, 470k documented miles.