Bullnose Forums

Dad's Truck Build

Interesting. So the floors in that area look to be the same. That means to potential donors are more plentiful. Thanks.

I've been doing some work on what to cut out of Dad's floor as well as what to cut out of donor truck. Below are the two side by side, with Dad's on the left and the donor on the right. The first two show what to cut out of the two trucks, and the second two show the before and after.

Note that the plan is to leave 1" of "flat" on Dad's floor over which the donor floor will lay.

Does this make any sense? I had to show Janey the truck in real life for her to understand.

Floor_-_Where_To_Cut_Dads.thumb.jpg.81dd2e3e70ac32177082e69512ef8b9a.jpgFloor_-_Where_To_Cut_Donor.thumb.jpg.298a358c04430e99c79fc7e42cb78521.jpg

Floor_Before.thumb.jpg.65da920cc7ff04ec6a67a45cb7787ec5.jpgFloor_After.thumb.jpg.ce90eda2c1d91190a4db91ccefb26f06.jpg

I've been doing some work on what to cut out of Dad's floor as well as what to cut out of donor truck. Below are the two side by side, with Dad's on the left and the donor on the right. The first two show what to cut out of the two trucks, and the second two show the before and after.

Note that the plan is to leave 1" of "flat" on Dad's floor over which the donor floor will lay.

Does this make any sense? I had to show Janey the truck in real life for her to understand.

That is cool, Gary. Will John massage where the pieces overlap?

That is cool, Gary. Will John massage where the pieces overlap?

I don't think it'll actually take any massaging. Or, let me say that I think I can do all the massaging that is needed.

I'm on the back porch having another cup of French and discussing it with Janey. As I told her, I'm not sure that the "wings" of flat donor floor need to be on the piece as it should fit down perfectly as a cap on the raised piece. But, as she said, I can trim the donor piece once I have it if it looks like the wings aren't needed.

Having said that, I have a call into John and want to go up and show him the pics and get his concurrence that I have it worked out. Then I'll be good to go to the salvage and get the piece from the donor. Had planned to do that tomorrow, but the forecast is for RAIN, and I might melt. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Had planned to do that tomorrow, but the forecast is for RAIN, and I might melt. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You will be okay; just don't take Janey!!! :nabble_anim_blbl:

Yes, sugar melts. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I did get the Ridgid right-angle grinder at Branson over the weekend as well as several cutoff disks, so I should be good to go when the weather clears a bit. And, I'll cut it bigger than needed so I can trim it here.

And, to help y'all "see" what the pictures are showing, here's a side view.

Where_The_T-Case_Hits.thumb.jpg.d28d2423ed424662dd5110aad3a15b49.jpg

Right on! Too bad you can't just load the two floorboards into photoshop and print the final product...

That is cool! No, HOT! Thanks for sharing that link, Jim.

I'd read it a year ago and had thought to put it in the CAD/additive manufacturing thread with the Bugatti calipers.

I never did, and filed it away, but when this conversation popped up I thought the context was a good fit.