Bullnose Forums

Rust

What do I do for areas that are starting to rust? I want to keep truck as original as possible However I know nothing lasts forever and something will have to be done. I got issues in bed and tailgate (worse places) and then some surface spots here and there. Do I just need to take to body shop and let them do there work or is there something I can do to fend it off?

Thanks

Jeremy

For surface rust the best answer is to use a phosphoric metal prep before painting.

Rust is like cancer. Unless you get it all, it will come back and spread.

By using something like Ospho or Kleenstrip's 'concrete and metal prep' you convert iron oxide to iron phosphate (which is more or less inert)

The thin liquid will be drawn into pinch welds and flanged edges fixing the problem where it starts.

If panels have deep pitting or rust through, you really need to cut it all out and weld in solid metal.

If you stay tuned i'll show how bad it can get.

For surface rust the best answer is to use a phosphoric metal prep before painting.

Rust is like cancer. Unless you get it all, it will come back and spread.

By using something like Ospho or Kleenstrip's 'concrete and metal prep' you convert iron oxide to iron phosphate (which is more or less inert)

The thin liquid will be drawn into pinch welds and flanged edges fixing the problem where it starts.

If panels have deep pitting or rust through, you really need to cut it all out and weld in solid metal.

If you stay tuned i'll show how bad it can get.

How's this for rust?

IMG_20200407_062428.thumb.jpg.ed1c3fdd0d2554afdc4dfb0ec609ad23.jpg

IMG_20200407_062553.jpg.29b6b6fdd8892296173e1c6e99e4a6bd.jpg

IMG_20200407_103754.thumb.jpg.2f713d2277b5cebf1c874800115e9c57.jpg