Bullnose Forums

Front Bumper Poll!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would like for you to stop and take a good look at how cool the Bullnose generation of trucks looks from the front. I mean, doesn't that look badass?

00s0s_cAwCfblEt39_1200x900.thumb.jpg.5711793b4a39832d64aa6130ae7ebad6.jpg

Second, I would like your opinion on the front bumper. Do you prefer the front bumper with or without the optional rub strips and bumper guards? I, for one, think that a Bullnose looks particularly good with them; it makes it look like a battering ram (or a RAGING BULL!) that can go through ANYTHING in it's path! I think these were probably the very last generation of trucks that looked good with bumper guards.

What do you think?

_59.thumb.jpg.4876a9fe26b09254fe9d6a34d5429004.jpg

Rick - I voted for "plain" because I think adding the bumperettes makes it too busy. I don't dislike them, but just like the front better w/o them.

Having said that, I like Dave's option #3 best of all. In addition to placing the lights in the factory bumper, our member Alfie has made a Warn winch bumper look-alike and has put lights in it. I really like that approach as it keeps the front looking "clean" but adds functionality.

Rick - I voted for "plain" because I think adding the bumperettes makes it too busy. I don't dislike them, but just like the front better w/o them.

Having said that, I like Dave's option #3 best of all. In addition to placing the lights in the factory bumper, our member Alfie has made a Warn winch bumper look-alike and has put lights in it. I really like that approach as it keeps the front looking "clean" but adds functionality.

Impact strips and bumperettes look great on these trucks! I prefer them on two-tone trucks.

DSCN0570_zps73aa8f1c.thumb.jpg.2cb86858bff32890f7f29ac7aa881a99.jpg

Second, I would like your opinion on the front bumper. Do you prefer the front bumper with or without the optional rub strips and bumper guards?

I'm personally quite fond of the plain bare front bumper, and prefer it, certainly on a plain truck at least.

IMG_0325_(Large).thumb.jpg.de93f6097e0c978d4d9af214a97c74be.jpg

Overall, I actually prefer plain trucks in general. It's not that I dislike a two tone or Lariat or any of the fancier versions of my own, it's just that I have a fondness for them in plain trim. Nothing sexier than a nice two tone Lariat...they are gorgeous. I think my preference simply comes from what I'm used to. Growing up, there were a lot of plain Bullnose trucks around. Rural areas, everybody used them for work...around here we say the "Three F's"...fishing, farming, and forestry, and most families were not buying Lariats and XLT's for that.

Also, I should probably admit that I also always had it my head that a plain truck was going to be far easier and cheaper to restore...one color, no trim, no moldings, etc.

Anyway...back to the bumpers...I do like them plain, but I like them with the guards and rub strips on a truck like Rick's. I find it would look out of place on a plain truck like mine.

PS: Don't forget that there was also a 3rd front bumper style...and those I find a little odd looking. Nothing against them of course, but when they have the black rub strips but no guards, they look to me like something is missing because of the gaps where the guards are supposed to be.

PSS: Funny about the bumper topic...I did just receive an order from LMC, and in that order was the two plastic inserts and screws for the front bumper so I could install a front plate. We don't have front tags here, but I might get something made up to just break things up a bit on the front. I'm thinking of something similar to the original Ford style dealer decal that was on my tailgate, but made to fit a licence plate size.

Second, I would like your opinion on the front bumper. Do you prefer the front bumper with or without the optional rub strips and bumper guards?

I'm personally quite fond of the plain bare front bumper, and prefer it, certainly on a plain truck at least.

Overall, I actually prefer plain trucks in general. It's not that I dislike a two tone or Lariat or any of the fancier versions of my own, it's just that I have a fondness for them in plain trim. Nothing sexier than a nice two tone Lariat...they are gorgeous. I think my preference simply comes from what I'm used to. Growing up, there were a lot of plain Bullnose trucks around. Rural areas, everybody used them for work...around here we say the "Three F's"...fishing, farming, and forestry, and most families were not buying Lariats and XLT's for that.

Also, I should probably admit that I also always had it my head that a plain truck was going to be far easier and cheaper to restore...one color, no trim, no moldings, etc.

Anyway...back to the bumpers...I do like them plain, but I like them with the guards and rub strips on a truck like Rick's. I find it would look out of place on a plain truck like mine.

PS: Don't forget that there was also a 3rd front bumper style...and those I find a little odd looking. Nothing against them of course, but when they have the black rub strips but no guards, they look to me like something is missing because of the gaps where the guards are supposed to be.

PSS: Funny about the bumper topic...I did just receive an order from LMC, and in that order was the two plastic inserts and screws for the front bumper so I could install a front plate. We don't have front tags here, but I might get something made up to just break things up a bit on the front. I'm thinking of something similar to the original Ford style dealer decal that was on my tailgate, but made to fit a licence plate size.

Tough question! I like them both. I agree, it would depend on the paint and options on the truck.

I thought you could get the plastic inserts for the plates at the auto parts stores?

I want to get a front plate that reads "Built not Bought" :nabble_smiley_wink:

Dave ----