Bullnose Forums

My Newest Bullnose

I'd have to go upstairs and dig through the old paper catalogs to see if the information is there. In the LT catalog, it just tells you to refer to section 30 for information on what the 3rd digit means. That information wasn't included when Snap-On converted our catalogs to digital. It sucks - I hate lost information!

Ahh, OK, it would be interesting to know because the 3 digit codes have shown up before, and with the 3 being the third digit (on both 4x4 and 4x2 vehicles).

So the information on the 3rd digit from the Ford book that is posted here (and elsewhere) is incorrect?

I'd have to go upstairs and dig through the old paper catalogs to see if the information is there. In the LT catalog, it just tells you to refer to section 30 for information on what the 3rd digit means. That information wasn't included when Snap-On converted our catalogs to digital. It sucks - I hate lost information!

Ahh, OK, it would be interesting to know because the 3 digit codes have shown up before, and with the 3 being the third digit (on both 4x4 and 4x2 vehicles).

So the information on the 3rd digit from the Ford book that is posted here (and elsewhere) is incorrect?

Not wrong per se, just included in the light truck catalog and commonly misinterpreted.

Not wrong per se, just included in the light truck catalog and commonly misinterpreted.

I have seen exactly one 10/86 truck before. I think , not sure, but think, I have seen one 11/86 door tag before, I assume that would be from when plants were changing tooling. I would not be surprised if some of these trucks were built and sold alongside each other in their final few months. GM has done that for years.

9" and 8.8s were used interchangeably until late 86.

Looks like you got an oddball overall.

Seems like a lot of these trucks were oddballs. Ford was doing a lot of weird things in the early 80s.

I have seen exactly one 10/86 truck before. I think , not sure, but think, I have seen one 11/86 door tag before, I assume that would be from when plants were changing tooling. I would not be surprised if some of these trucks were built and sold alongside each other in their final few months. GM has done that for years.

9" and 8.8s were used interchangeably until late 86.

Looks like you got an oddball overall.

Seems like a lot of these trucks were oddballs. Ford was doing a lot of weird things in the early 80s.

My bricknose has a 10/86 build date and weighs 500 pounds more than your GVW when empty (6,723)

I think it was a VA built truck too. But the drivers window sticker is long gone, as is my rememberer.