Bullnose Forums

Warning Buzzer

Just ran out to the shop to check since it's not one of those things I paid much attention to rhyme or reason of before I took the truck down a year ago. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Here is what I found:

1. Seatbelt unhooked. Key turn to run. BUZZER

2. Seatbelt hooked. Key turn to run. NO buzzer

3. Door open. Key off in ignition. Headlights on. BUZZER

4. Door open. Key not in ignition. Headlights on. BUZZER

I couldn't make the buzzer go off based on the key state only so with mine not going off and yours always going off, we need a third person to chime in here :nabble_smiley_happy:

It should definitely go off sometime (unlike mine) but I wouldn't expect it to go off even with the key not in there (like yours).

I just checked mine, and it is the same.

Unless the headlights are on, the buzzer should not be going off if the door is open and the key is not in the ignition.

Just ran out to the shop to check since it's not one of those things I paid much attention to rhyme or reason of before I took the truck down a year ago. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Here is what I found:

1. Seatbelt unhooked. Key turn to run. BUZZER

2. Seatbelt hooked. Key turn to run. NO buzzer

3. Door open. Key off in ignition. Headlights on. BUZZER

4. Door open. Key not in ignition. Headlights on. BUZZER

I couldn't make the buzzer go off based on the key state only so with mine not going off and yours always going off, we need a third person to chime in here :nabble_smiley_happy:

It should definitely go off sometime (unlike mine) but I wouldn't expect it to go off even with the key not in there (like yours).

I just checked mine, and it is the same.

Unless the headlights are on, the buzzer should not be going off if the door is open and the key is not in the ignition.

And in Lucille, if you have the key in the ignition (headlights off) and open the door does the buzzer go off?

If so does it matter if the key is in Off or Run or Aux? Or does just having the key in there complete the ground?

And in Lucille, if you have the key in the ignition (headlights off) and open the door does the buzzer go off?

If so does it matter if the key is in Off or Run or Aux? Or does just having the key in there complete the ground?

I've sorta found my problem. This white/purple wire is in the C305 jumper where it connects with the black/pink hash wire going to the buzzer. I can't find any voltage on that wire nor does it show any resistance to ground, but it is just enough to trigger the buzzer.

So now I'm trying to figure out where it goes.....

Purple_White_Wire_in_C305A.thumb.jpg.e532d8999e106024e4e0b57dfb3b20ad.jpg

I've sorta found my problem. This white/purple wire is in the C305 jumper where it connects with the black/pink hash wire going to the buzzer. I can't find any voltage on that wire nor does it show any resistance to ground, but it is just enough to trigger the buzzer.

So now I'm trying to figure out where it goes.....

Ok, I'm crazy. It is official. I was at the wrong end of the C305A. The wire in there that matches up with the black/pink is blue/purple. And, with the two connectors apart and jumpering between the black/pink and ground turns the buzzer on. But jumpering between the black/pink and the blue/purple doesn't. :nabble_anim_confused:

The plot is so thick I can't stir it......

Ok, I'm crazy. It is official. I was at the wrong end of the C305A. The wire in there that matches up with the black/pink is blue/purple. And, with the two connectors apart and jumpering between the black/pink and ground turns the buzzer on. But jumpering between the black/pink and the blue/purple doesn't. :nabble_anim_confused:

The plot is so thick I can't stir it......

Ok, I'm taking this back to the Big Blue's Transformation thread. Sorry for the hijack. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I don't mind you hijacking my thread. I'm just happy my question started a deep conversation.

Little buzzer up date on my truck .......... it did not buzz today.

I will give it a try again tomorrow as I am off work for needle in eye again so after a little rest I will play.

Dave ----

Yes. If I have the key in the ignition (headlights off) and open the door, the buzzer buzzes.

If I turn the key down to the ACC position and open the door, the buzzer doesn't buzz.

Then it gets interesting:

If I leave the door open and turn the key forward to the RUN position - and the seatbelt is unbuckled - a *second* buzzer will come on with the FASTEN BELTS light on the dash. That's right - TWO buzzers will go off at the same time! It sounds like something from a low-budget 1970s horror flick.

After about 5 seconds or so, the second buzzer and the FASTEN BELTS light will both turn off.

So I have two buzzers: one buzzer for when the key is left in the ignition and/or the headlights are left on, and another one to remind you buckle your seat belt.

Capiche?

Yes. If I have the key in the ignition (headlights off) and open the door, the buzzer buzzes.

If I turn the key down to the ACC position and open the door, the buzzer doesn't buzz.

If I leave the door open and turn the key forward to the RUN position - and the seatbelt is unbuckled - a *second* buzzer will come on with the FASTEN BELTS light on the dash. That's right - TWO buzzers will go off at the same time! It sounds like something from a low-budget 1970s horror flick.

After about 5 seconds or so, the second buzzer and the FASTEN BELTS light will both turn off.

So I have two buzzers: one buzzer for when the key is left in the ignition and/or the headlights are left on, and another one to remind you buckle your seat belt.

Capiche?

That's sorta what I have - except that something is emulating the key being in the ignition, so I have the first buzzer if the door opens. But turn the key to Run and since there's no seat belt the light and 2nd buzzer come on. (Mine don't go off, they come on. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Capiche?

Yep - I know exactly. Turns out my powdercoated steering column was preventing ground to the key switch. Ran a dedicated ground wire to it and I was immediately bombarded with childhood memories of trying to save Cavity Sam...