Bullnose Forums

"Cam's Ol' Blue"- 1986 F-150 Base Ex-State of Oregon

thefraze_1020

Ok, see if I got you in about the right place. And, have a safe and happy move. :nabble_smiley_good:

You have me close enough on the map. If you wanted to be exact, my new house is just east of Rotary Park and Lucille Umbarger Elementary on the east side of town. But again, it's close enough.

On to future projects on "Cam's Ol' Blue", does anyone know if Ford made the base model black and grey radio bezel with the holes for the clock? Or just the woodgrain ones? I am OK with either the 1980-84 version, or 85-86 version.

You have me close enough on the map. If you wanted to be exact, my new house is just east of Rotary Park and Lucille Umbarger Elementary on the east side of town. But again, it's close enough.

On to future projects on "Cam's Ol' Blue", does anyone know if Ford made the base model black and grey radio bezel with the holes for the clock? Or just the woodgrain ones? I am OK with either the 1980-84 version, or 85-86 version.

We don't want people to be able to knock on your door, so let's leave the pin where it is if that's ok.

As for the radio bezel, from our page on this (Documentation/Interior/Instrument & Radio Bezels) there are two blacks and two greys - and all of them came with the cutouts for a clock.

9232054.thumb.jpg.df812135199e1b38809772f09f5229d0.jpg

We don't want people to be able to knock on your door, so let's leave the pin where it is if that's ok.

As for the radio bezel, from our page on this (Documentation/Interior/Instrument & Radio Bezels) there are two blacks and two greys - and all of them came with the cutouts for a clock.

I would imagine that a grey bezel with clock holes is a rare bird, since it seems like the high-end trucks only got the clock for the most part.

Back to my question before, has anyone taking a non-functioning clock and repair it? Like a display issue or connection? On my clock, I took it apart and the internals look really clean.

I would imagine that a grey bezel with clock holes is a rare bird, since it seems like the high-end trucks only got the clock for the most part.

Back to my question before, has anyone taking a non-functioning clock and repair it? Like a display issue or connection? On my clock, I took it apart and the internals look really clean.

You have a point - clocks were typically on high-end trucks which didn't have the weave bezels. But they were available.

As for fixing a clock, I've not seen a bad one yet. They seem to be pretty robust. So I've not tried to fix one.

You have a point - clocks were typically on high-end trucks which didn't have the weave bezels. But they were available.

As for fixing a clock, I've not seen a bad one yet. They seem to be pretty robust. So I've not tried to fix one.

Same here. They 'just work' for the most part.

Wonder if you could replace the display with a modern one and rewire the buttons?

Same here. They 'just work' for the most part.

Wonder if you could replace the display with a modern one and rewire the buttons?

This one did not work. Upon closer inspection, the PC board had some corrosion. So I gutted it, saved the bracket and plastic casing, the face of the clock with the buttons, and the electrical connector.

This one did not work. Upon closer inspection, the PC board had some corrosion. So I gutted it, saved the bracket and plastic casing, the face of the clock with the buttons, and the electrical connector.

A couple days ago, I found my belts to be cracked. Time to replace those. Is there a section on this site with instructions to replace the belts on my straight 6?

A couple days ago, I found my belts to be cracked. Time to replace those. Is there a section on this site with instructions to replace the belts on my straight 6?

I'm not sure.

But a while back I did list all the belts for Matthews (Dorsai's) grandpa's truck, because he couldn't figure out which he needed.

I use the Gates (NaviGates) app.