Bullnose Forums

Rear slider gasket

Which early years, Scott?

Mid 80's and my '87 -for sure- don't fit in a solid glass gasket.

I thought that the 1980 and maybe 1981 factory aluminum sliders fit in a plain window gasket. This is the one in my 1980. I haven't pulled it yet, but I thought they had a flat flange that was the same size as the factory plain glass.

The whole window sticks outside of the cab/gasket.

1980srw.jpg.95f4491cac9e7608790641557789b4ea.jpg

I'm done

If due to the brevity of my post - no offense intended at all. Was rushing out the door and didn't want to leave you hanging. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Copying from that table though (since that's the only reference I have):

D3TZ-1042084-A: For Solid Window without chrome trim. 1973-1979 and Factory Slider: 1973-1981.

Editing as this thread popped in my head tonight and bothered me: I want to emphasize that I meant no disrespect with that post -again, was just wanting to provide a quick response but in text there is no arguing how it came out and even I have trouble reading it in the way I intended it. You have my apologies Jim.

I thought that the 1980 and maybe 1981 factory aluminum sliders fit in a plain window gasket. This is the one in my 1980. I haven't pulled it yet, but I thought they had a flat flange that was the same size as the factory plain glass.

That will be great info to have [when you pull it] - I have a factory aluminum one in the shop I can check out when I get home but pretty sure it's the thicker (thus later) one.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n89416/1980srw.jpg

Shoot, that picture does make me do a double take. I dont have my truck anymore to look at, but on a FTE post, a guy had a picture of the top of a slider that was a solid and flat piece that completely embedded in the gasket. GRRRR well forget my post from earlier today. :nabble_smiley_sleep:

Shoot, that picture does make me do a double take. I dont have my truck anymore to look at, but on a FTE post, a guy had a picture of the top of a slider that was a solid and flat piece that completely embedded in the gasket. GRRRR well forget my post from earlier today. :nabble_smiley_sleep:

Right. I have a factory 1995 SRW here waiting to go in the 1980, and I have a factory 1996 SRW in my 1984. It is the style that sits completely inside the window gasket.

IMG_9597.jpg.b06bc88f852a32f7cffc0cf3e38a353d.jpg

I don't know anything about the 1980-1981 SRW and gasket, but I'll probably be pulling it out this summer, so I'll post up some pics when I do. I can check it this weekend to see how it fits.

Right. I have a factory 1995 SRW here waiting to go in the 1980, and I have a factory 1996 SRW in my 1984. It is the style that sits completely inside the window gasket.

I don't know anything about the 1980-1981 SRW and gasket, but I'll probably be pulling it out this summer, so I'll post up some pics when I do. I can check it this weekend to see how it fits.

I have a power slider from a 1996 in Darth, I paid the glass installer that Pete's uses to do it and left Darth's tinted fixed window with them for stock.