Bullnose Forums

Cab swap

Ok, now I put the 90 front end on for two reasons, first the PO had apparently parked by feel, second I needed the mountings for the EFI air filter and coolant/washer reservoir. The rear doors are from a 1996 F350 that a tree fell on. I salvaged the innards from both front doors so I now have four door power locks and windows on a 1986 truck.

Aha!

Crew cab. Gotta concede that one. My net experience with the 4 door cab is zero.

Any chance you have a pic of the bottom of that B pillar? Clearly it must be quite different than the 2 door trucks.

That bulge in the bottom of the later doors made it impossible to close the doors on my 86 cab. Pics in that FTE thread show that clearly. You might be able to adjust the doors to close, but the gaps would be all wrong and the door to fender gap may be too close.

Aha!

Crew cab. Gotta concede that one. My net experience with the 4 door cab is zero.

Any chance you have a pic of the bottom of that B pillar? Clearly it must be quite different than the 2 door trucks.

That bulge in the bottom of the later doors made it impossible to close the doors on my 86 cab. Pics in that FTE thread show that clearly. You might be able to adjust the doors to close, but the gaps would be all wrong and the door to fender gap may be too close.

These are the ones I took when installing the rear doors, rubber plug was there when I bought the truck in 1994, the hole above is for the rear door wiring.

IMGP1141.thumb.jpg.7adc8fcb3e2a413854d83d530d25b2ff.jpg

IMGP1142.thumb.jpg.5d6a8eaef7598e049c1c0341d462577c.jpg

These are the ones I took when installing the rear doors, rubber plug was there when I bought the truck in 1994, the hole above is for the rear door wiring.

You can see that the crew cab B pillar is pretty open, and since the cab is a 1986 the seat belt mounts are at head level. The rest of the interior is now changed to Opal Gray including the carpet and rear seat. Problem on a crew cab, rating sticker is on the back of the left front door.

Can't you get these stickers reprinted?

I thought there was some place that would do that from a picture of the original.

Can't you get these stickers reprinted?

I thought there was some place that would do that from a picture of the original.

I tried, I have an excellent picture of the original, even the dealer couldn't help. They were able to get me a new emission label so even though it diagrams a carbureted vacuum nightmare, the important piece is there "NON CATALYST" in big bold letters. We ended up using one of our calibration label makers and making one that way, it had to be in two parts because of the size.

You can see that the crew cab B pillar is pretty open, and since the cab is a 1986 the seat belt mounts are at head level. The rest of the interior is now changed to Opal Gray including the carpet and rear seat. Problem on a crew cab, rating sticker is on the back of the left front door.

Thanks Bill. That certainly clears things up.