Bullnose Forums

My little 1980 F100 Flareside

Max

I am going to guess here but the bed bolt go down thru the tie downs that go front to rear.

The boards are tung & groove IIRC so you get them tight to each other and the bed side bolts hold them in place.

It does look nice and love the tie downs.

Dave ----

Most composite decking in this country comes grooved both sides.

Using a T shaped spacer like 'tiger claws' or 'ebb ties' allows you to screw the open edge of one down while giving you a spacer for the next.

If you were to use something like an elevator bolt, and clearance for the shank you could get both planks up tight against another.

Most composite decking in this country comes grooved both sides.

Using a T shaped spacer like 'tiger claws' or 'ebb ties' allows you to screw the open edge of one down while giving you a spacer for the next.

If you were to use something like an elevator bolt, and clearance for the shank you could get both planks up tight against another.

Hello and sorry for the loading problem with the pictures.

I use now the Forums upload possibility.

to the Bed.

The "cross beams" are direct attached to the Frame and these bolts disappear under the floor.

BOLTS.thumb.jpg.772283322d31b8c0aed4e479f1e91959.jpg

BOLTS2.jpg.60c1b0fca30d4f1c86633fe9db63b5ed.jpg

The deck attached to the "cross-Beams". Each plank come with a groove. Jim told it right and the Planks are fixed with this one:

BOLTS3.jpg.0f7db0d6ffcde773f6847d887319f0ee.jpg

The tie down is attached to the deck and on each cross member for more stability.

Max

to the Bed.

The "cross beams" are direct attached to the Frame and these bolts disappear under the floor.

The deck attached to the "cross-Beams". Each plank come with a groove. Jim told it right and the Planks are fixed with this one:

The tie down is attached to the deck and on each cross member for more stability.

Max

You've done a tremendous job with your truck, Max!

I really like the idea of composite decking in the bed.

Though it might scuff, it's easy to slide things in and out, and it won't ever get soft and rot.

You must get a lot of envious looks when driving it around. :nabble_smiley_good:

You've done a tremendous job with your truck, Max!

I really like the idea of composite decking in the bed.

Though it might scuff, it's easy to slide things in and out, and it won't ever get soft and rot.

You must get a lot of envious looks when driving it around. :nabble_smiley_good:

Max

What are you using for the t-slot ties down rails? are they custom or a particular vehicle part that you salvaged? I'm considering using your flooring idea to redo my bed floor instead of new sheet metal. Truck looks great! thanks for all of the pictures and details

to the Bed.

Max

Hello Max,

That is some masterpiece you have going there. I have always wondered what a Flareside would look like in white. The black stripe is very classy. Thanks you for the excellent photos.

Max

What are you using for the t-slot ties down rails? are they custom or a particular vehicle part that you salvaged? I'm considering using your flooring idea to redo my bed floor instead of new sheet metal. Truck looks great! thanks for all of the pictures and details

Thank you Alex,

We call the rails "AirLine tie down".

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/shop/Enclosed-Trailer-Accessories/Airline-Straps-Hardware

Cost around 40,- in germany for two rails.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/2-m-Alu-Airlineschiene-eckig-mit-Bohrungen-Zurrschiene-Ladungssicherung/273466685021?epid=6030170850&hash=item3fabe2765d:g:6CMAAOSwuhZej4FE

Hello Max,

That is some masterpiece you have going there. I have always wondered what a Flareside would look like in white. The black stripe is very classy. Thanks you for the excellent photos.

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...

Max

Thank you Alex,

We call the rails "AirLine tie down".

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/shop/Enclosed-Trailer-Accessories/Airline-Straps-Hardware

Cost around 40,- in germany for two rails.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/2-m-Alu-Airlineschiene-eckig-mit-Bohrungen-Zurrschiene-Ladungssicherung/273466685021?epid=6030170850&hash=item3fabe2765d:g:6CMAAOSwuhZej4FE

Hello Max,

Thank you very much!

Small updates,

new white LEDS with the original blue Cap for the Dash and i have painted some (not all) silver lines.

The new tacho comes later, the winter is long.

F100-76-forum.jpg.0674610b60d8ffe0f3e39b0e765091da.jpg

What I have to watch out for is my C6 transmission. Something is buzzing.

It is always the same in every gear, I guess the oil pump.

After an oil / filter change it is better.

Here is a video before the oil change.

C6 Noise Video

and this is how it looked in the old filter form the C6.:nabble_smiley_cry:

F100-77-forum.thumb.jpg.1d9b10b5bf1e84a9478819be88575489.jpg

But it works very fine!

Max

Small updates,

new white LEDS with the original blue Cap for the Dash and i have painted some (not all) silver lines.

C6 Noise Video

But it works very fine!

Max

The dash and instrument cluster look wonderful! :nabble_smiley_good:

Small updates,

C6 Noise Video

But it works very fine!

Max

Yes, Max, the gauges look great. :nabble_smiley_good:

But that filter looks awful! What's in there? Can you tell?