Bullnose Forums

Duraspark Module Mounting

Orientation isn't going to affect electrons.... :nabble_smiley_teeth:

This should be Gary's favorite thing ever!

Given his hatred for gaskets letting the juice out.

Think of the cool little fondue pot you'll have when it eventually overheats. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thanks guys. Haha yeah, I knew it wouldn't affect the electronic functionality of - it was more a question of the sealant and if it got to the fondue stage would it cause any issues going 'up' vs down. I think I am over the idea now though :nabble_smiley_happy:

Was working on the platform for the drivers side fender liner and the thought just crossed my mind for space savings.

The pain of changing it out on the side of the road plus the airflow reduction makes it not worth it.

Thanks guys. Haha yeah, I knew it wouldn't affect the electronic functionality of - it was more a question of the sealant and if it got to the fondue stage would it cause any issues going 'up' vs down. I think I am over the idea now though :nabble_smiley_happy:

Was working on the platform for the drivers side fender liner and the thought just crossed my mind for space savings.

The pain of changing it out on the side of the road plus the airflow reduction makes it not worth it.

Having the sealant just stew in there vs leaking all down the liner is appealing though!

Yes, Jim, I like that idea. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Scott - Are you going to carry a spare? How 'bout mounting them one above the other as I did? Changeout is easy.

I was going to stack them like that but things changed today although it may change again tomorrow... - I'll explain in my build thread shortly.

I was going to stack them like that but things changed today although it may change again tomorrow... - I'll explain in my build thread shortly.

I have a Module "sandwich" also... Had to use it once already, Truck just died on the way home from a truck show. Truck was not even up to temp and complete loss of ignition.

Rolled to the side of the road, move module plugs from module "A" to "B"....went home....

I have a Module "sandwich" also... Had to use it once already, Truck just died on the way home from a truck show. Truck was not even up to temp and complete loss of ignition.

Rolled to the side of the road, move module plugs from module "A" to "B"....went home....

Happen to have a photo of yours?

Happen to have a photo of yours?

I used to just carry my spare behind the back seat, only had to use it once, Darth died completely going up 7 mountains grade on US 322W in PA, coasted over to the side, grabbed the spare and plugged it in. fired up and continued. Still did it faster then a similar Chevy, towing the same trailer as ours, 454, 4.10 rear and best he could do was 22 mph in 1st, we were doing 37 mph in 2nd with the 3.55 rear, love that 460 torque!