Bullnose Forums

Factory AC Orifice Tube and which oil to use

Did someone need the accumulator mounting rings? I grabbed those just in case.

Yes, someone was looking for those. Cory?

Yes that was me, but I actually just got a set of them a week or so ago from an '83 that I got all of the lines from. Thanks for looking out for me though!!

Glad you got what you need!

$35 from the breakers! The AC compressor, accumulator, the 2 hoses i need and the front mounting bracket!!

And a battery tray for good measure!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n53804/D67F6505-DFC6-4956-B8AF-474B5B11D921.jpeg

On the accumulator get a new one don't use the used one.

Also before you charge the system you need to pull a vacuum on the system and it should hold for 30 min. or longer.

If it holds then you can charge the system.

Dave ----

$35 from the breakers! The AC compressor, accumulator, the 2 hoses i need and the front mounting bracket!!

And a battery tray for good measure!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n53804/D67F6505-DFC6-4956-B8AF-474B5B11D921.jpeg

On the accumulator get a new one don't use the used one.

Also before you charge the system you need to pull a vacuum on the system and it should hold for 30 min. or longer.

If it holds then you can charge the system.

Dave ----

Great point Dave! I just assumed it was known.

I do know what assume means too! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Great point Dave! I just assumed it was known.

I do know what assume means too! :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Thanks Dave!

I have a new accumulator on its way. Today I picked up a manifold and vacuum pump from harbor freight.

Then went to the local auto parts store and got the 12oz cans of r1234-a

Thanks Dave!

I have a new accumulator on its way. Today I picked up a manifold and vacuum pump from harbor freight.

Then went to the local auto parts store and got the 12oz cans of r1234-a

I have this 2.5 CFM. And I’m happy with it.92F43DC2-2BBD-471B-815A-F90616106958.thumb.jpeg.98a809f5e7a207158892dffc887557fb.jpeg

Installed new compressor, orifice tube (blue), condenser, o-rings and drier from Rock Auto.

FOUR SEASONS TSN0322

I believe the oil was Pag 46 and used R 134a refrigerant.

It is good practice to replace the drier any time the system is opened to atmosphere. Moisture can reduce the system performance significantly.

Pull vacuum for a few minutes then close valves and turn pump off. If the vacuum holds then continue to pull for another 30 minutes.