Bullnose Forums

No turn signal = fail State inspection

C305 is on the left hand side of the steering column, so that's not it. Can you follow the wires back from the lights to see if there's a connector disconnected?

You know far more than I do, but are you sure about the C305 being inside the cabin, and not the wire I found disconnected in the engine bay, or at least connected to it somehow? The wire is just short enough to not reach the fender so there's no connection there, the only alternative is somewhere towards the firewall or towards the distributor (or alternator?). As for finding it, I did just that, tracing back the wires from the lights, which lead me to this disconnected wire. The circled EVTM diagram (as I read it) shows this wire. Then again, I may be publicly announcing that I can't read the EVTM...

You know far more than I do, but are you sure about the C305 being inside the cabin, and not the wire I found disconnected in the engine bay, or at least connected to it somehow? The wire is just short enough to not reach the fender so there's no connection there, the only alternative is somewhere towards the firewall or towards the distributor (or alternator?). As for finding it, I did just that, tracing back the wires from the lights, which lead me to this disconnected wire. The circled EVTM diagram (as I read it) shows this wire. Then again, I may be publicly announcing that I can't read the EVTM...

As shown below, C305 is an 11-pin connector, and it is curved. So that's not 305 you've found.

I still think you have a turn signal switch problem. And I suggest taking a DVM our a test light and get to C305 and test those wires there. Are you getting voltage on the white/light blue wire there? If not, you have a turn signal switch problem.

5528338.thumb.jpg.0041764351d6daa5c11ff0da42dcbe4f.jpg

As shown below, C305 is an 11-pin connector, and it is curved. So that's not 305 you've found.

I still think you have a turn signal switch problem. And I suggest taking a DVM our a test light and get to C305 and test those wires there. Are you getting voltage on the white/light blue wire there? If not, you have a turn signal switch problem.

Right, so I can't read the EVTM.

Got it, thanks.

I will check your suggestion tomorrow, and try (harder) to identify the correct connector.

Right, so I can't read the EVTM.

Got it, thanks.

I will check your suggestion tomorrow, and try (harder) to identify the correct connector.

Don't feel badly, I have a LOT of experience with the EVTMs, plural and still misplace things I know are in there.

Having said that, I've realized that a pdf version of the EVTMs would be handy at times. The other day I was looking for a connector and that can be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. But, if I had the whole EVTM in a single doc as a pdf, it would be duck soup to search.

Don't feel badly, I have a LOT of experience with the EVTMs, plural and still misplace things I know are in there.

Having said that, I've realized that a pdf version of the EVTMs would be handy at times. The other day I was looking for a connector and that can be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. But, if I had the whole EVTM in a single doc as a pdf, it would be duck soup to search.

Thanks, Gary. It was written tongue-in-cheek. I don’t mind admitting when I don’t know something even if it earns the wrath of some forum members (e.g. NumberDummy doesn’t mess about!), but it’s all in good humor. Messing around under the hood of a Bronco is new to me, but I’m keen to learn so I‘ll keep plugging away at it.

At I think I misunderstood the light bulbs on the page I uploaded to be the turn signal indicators in the dash, not the engine bay. Clearly I’m lost even with two hands and a flashlight, but thanks to you and everyone on here, you’ll set me straight.

I bought the 84 shop manuals CD which includes the EVTM. Helpful to a point, but I haven’t solved the mystery yet. If this was a feature of an Escape Room, I’d be there until closing.

Thanks, Gary. It was written tongue-in-cheek. I don’t mind admitting when I don’t know something even if it earns the wrath of some forum members (e.g. NumberDummy doesn’t mess about!), but it’s all in good humor. Messing around under the hood of a Bronco is new to me, but I’m keen to learn so I‘ll keep plugging away at it.

At I think I misunderstood the light bulbs on the page I uploaded to be the turn signal indicators in the dash, not the engine bay. Clearly I’m lost even with two hands and a flashlight, but thanks to you and everyone on here, you’ll set me straight.

I bought the 84 shop manuals CD which includes the EVTM. Helpful to a point, but I haven’t solved the mystery yet. If this was a feature of an Escape Room, I’d be there until closing.

Numberdummy has an opinion and expresses it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, Bill does. And he'd be the first to admit it. He's a friend of mine, and has even been in my home. But I have been told I'm wrong - more than once. (Between you and me, I wasn't.) :nabble_smiley_wink:

Numberdummy has an opinion and expresses it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, Bill does. And he'd be the first to admit it. He's a friend of mine, and has even been in my home. But I have been told I'm wrong - more than once. (Between you and me, I wasn't.) :nabble_smiley_wink:

FWIW - That 90 degree terminal is for a sender, oil pressure is a white wire, usually with a red stripe. I've never seen Ford use that style connector in the lighting circuit, so I don't think that has anything to do with your lights.

FWIW - That 90 degree terminal is for a sender, oil pressure is a white wire, usually with a red stripe. I've never seen Ford use that style connector in the lighting circuit, so I don't think that has anything to do with your lights.

Remember that because this is EFI there are both a water temp sender *and* a sensor, on opposite sides at the front of the intake.

• 1 year later...

Remember that because this is EFI there are both a water temp sender *and* a sensor, on opposite sides at the front of the intake.

I just saw your reply.

Thanks myrl883, and Jim.

The more I looked at the mess of wires resembling a dropped plate of spaghetti, the more I figured the wire is for the removed carb and/or some other missing parts.