Bullnose Forums

No turn signal = fail State inspection

I can't figure out why the front and side RH marker/parking lamp lights do not work, yet rear taillight does when on hazards or turn signal. All LH lights work as they should, turn and hazard. I have the EVTM and checked the wires including the ground. Other than a heck of a lot of creamy yellow/white grease in every socket (presumably dielectric), there is no power coming to the sockets (checked with circuit tester). I swapped the bulbs from the LH side, and even changed all the bulbs but that's not the issue. I bought a new OEM flasher unit in the fuse panel, but still no dice.

Any ideas on how to narrow in on the problem?

Yep, I had one on another truck I once owned that had no brake lights until the turn signal switch was replaced.

I will check the turn signal, but today I stumbled across this loose wire, which may have something to do with it. It was tucked under a few vacuum hoses, an traced back to the fender wall, appears to connect to the lights.

IMG_6558.jpeg.3d2be407cbed03bd8b68aae0120ea612.jpeg

IMG_6559.jpg.f73bf86bc7b1520607992c00e9812fe7.jpg

IMG_6560.jpeg.92469230089ed85a700c76c73c1b8b5e.jpeg

IMG_6561.thumb.jpg.d647a46377d3cb5de0b5a844079daa09.jpg

You may be able to see that this one loose wire connects to two wires, which connect to the lights.

Is this the same wire from the EVTM?

Screen_Shot_2020-03-12_at_10.jpeg.62c29186338fea345499cd8d5941ea06.jpeg

If yes, to where does it connect?

I will check the turn signal, but today I stumbled across this loose wire, which may have something to do with it. It was tucked under a few vacuum hoses, an traced back to the fender wall, appears to connect to the lights.

You may be able to see that this one loose wire connects to two wires, which connect to the lights.

If you see in the EVTM Diagram all the lights run through Connector 305.

The one black white with the angled bullet socket likely goes to the choke.

Stator power, abt 7V on the D.C. meter with the engine running.

That convolute loom didn't come from the factory.

Maybe somebody that doesn't know any better has been messing around in there.

Hard to tell from the pic, but it does look like the white/black wires from the EVTM. But I'm not sure I understand. Was it disconnected? If so, did you re-connect it and did the lights then work?

Hard to tell from the pic, but it does look like the white/black wires from the EVTM. But I'm not sure I understand. Was it disconnected? If so, did you re-connect it and did the lights then work?

Agreed, Jim. Someone definitely was “messing around in there.”

Gary, I believe it was disconnected, not by me. The problem is, I don't know where to reconnect it. I looked around the engine, tracing wires back to the firewall where they pass to the interior fuse block, nada.

Any ideas where is this wire's terminal?

Agreed, Jim. Someone definitely was “messing around in there.”

Gary, I believe it was disconnected, not by me. The problem is, I don't know where to reconnect it. I looked around the engine, tracing wires back to the firewall where they pass to the interior fuse block, nada.

Any ideas where is this wire's terminal?

C305 is on the left hand side of the steering column, so that's not it. Can you follow the wires back from the lights to see if there's a connector disconnected?