Bullnose Forums

Charcoal Fuel Vapor Canister Lifespan?

You could look for a number on the hose. BUT, there's something you need to understand about Ford parts - any number you find on a part is not the part number. :nabble_anim_confused: Yep. In the mid-1960's Ford had a "Better Idea" and quit placing part numbers on parts. Instead the number is an ID or "engineering" number. And I have a cross reference with hundreds of thousands of numbers that supposedly lets me connect the two.

So if you can find a number on your hose or filler neck maybe I can cross-ref it.

Will do Gary, I'm not driving the truck today, but I'll crawl under it tonight.

Here's a thought. The truck came with an '87 bed from the previous owner. The tank and sending unit are new. He may well have bought all '86 parts - tank and sending unit - but, used the '87 filler tube on the bed. If that's true then I have your scenario of an '86 tank and newer filler tube that doesn't quite fit.

Will do Gary, I'm not driving the truck today, but I'll crawl under it tonight.

Here's a thought. The truck came with an '87 bed from the previous owner. The tank and sending unit are new. He may well have bought all '86 parts - tank and sending unit - but, used the '87 filler tube on the bed. If that's true then I have your scenario of an '86 tank and newer filler tube that doesn't quite fit.

Yep, you may well have the same problem I had. And I can assure you that it will only fill slowly. Man, that was a pain!

Yep, you may well have the same problem I had. And I can assure you that it will only fill slowly. Man, that was a pain!

It has to do with how the vent is captured at the tank and fill neck.

Which of the concentric tubes is fully open, and which is baffled.

A mis-match is going to cause problems.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/factory-replacement-fuel-filler-necks-gas-tank-pipe-hose/

It has to do with how the vent is captured at the tank and fill neck.

Which of the concentric tubes is fully open, and which is baffled.

A mis-match is going to cause problems.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/factory-replacement-fuel-filler-necks-gas-tank-pipe-hose/

Nice link! Soon as I figure out which one I need I can get that ordered. The hoses are everywhere, but that fill tube is a little more difficult to find.