Bullnose Forums

9" Rear Differential

A coworker that I knew put an 80’s Ford 9” in his ‘72 Bumpside. That truck has the narrower frame, but all he moved was the spring perches. The ‘73+ Dentside trucks have the wider frame. I put a ‘73 Dana 60 rear axle in my old ‘66 and had to move the perches inward. So I believe that anything ‘73 and later should be a direct bolt-in for a Bullnose, but do measure before buying just to be sure. Neither my friend no I did anything with the shock mounts when putting newer axles into the older trucks, so I believe you will be fine in that department, as long as it comes from a truck and not a car or van.

A coworker that I knew put an 80’s Ford 9” in his ‘72 Bumpside. That truck has the narrower frame, but all he moved was the spring perches. The ‘73+ Dentside trucks have the wider frame. I put a ‘73 Dana 60 rear axle in my old ‘66 and had to move the perches inward. So I believe that anything ‘73 and later should be a direct bolt-in for a Bullnose, but do measure before buying just to be sure. Neither my friend no I did anything with the shock mounts when putting newer axles into the older trucks, so I believe you will be fine in that department, as long as it comes from a truck and not a car or van.

Thanks. Hitting an out of town junkyard this weekend. Naybe i will have some luck.