Bullnose Forums

Recent addition to my collection

85lebaront2

That is going to be FUN! I can't imagine being w/o my lathe. You'll find it so helpful that you'll use it a lot more often than you can imagine.

Gary, I know, I miss having 3 different size lathes in the shop at O31, small medium and large, small was an old Craftsman of similar size to this, medium was an ancient , I believe Southwark-Emory with a flat leather drive belt that had to be shifted for speed changes and a big South Bend that I had to have the apron on rebuilt when I was sent over to run that area in 2006. Had a nice Bridgeport mill and an ancient surface grinder along with a floor stand drill press.

Gary, I know, I miss having 3 different size lathes in the shop at O31, small medium and large, small was an old Craftsman of similar size to this, medium was an ancient , I believe Southwark-Emory with a flat leather drive belt that had to be shifted for speed changes and a big South Bend that I had to have the apron on rebuilt when I was sent over to run that area in 2006. Had a nice Bridgeport mill and an ancient surface grinder along with a floor stand drill press.

Nice score.

The vast majority of what I've done could have been done on that lathe, Bill. You will love it.

Got it bolted down (4 M6X1.0 35mm long, gr 10.9 bolts). In addition to the normal carbide tools, John picked me up a set of boring tools.

Looking good. But, when you want to upgrade come talk to me about a quick-change tool post. And boring bars that take the same carbide inserts as your cutting tools.

Got it bolted down (4 M6X1.0 35mm long, gr 10.9 bolts). In addition to the normal carbide tools, John picked me up a set of boring tools.

Did you buy this with some project in mind, or just because having the capability is so darn handy and opens the door to so many possibilities?