Bullnose Forums

MC 2150 accelerator pump

Hi gang I recently got a new/rebuilt carb and it runs very well. However after a day or more of sitting it's very hard to start.

This morning I decided to look it over carefully and noticed that when I push the accelerator pump it's very slow and very hard to press. After multiple pumps it finally starts to shoot gas out of the right side but very little from the left side,it will barely dampen your finger.

What's good me puzzled is why its so darn hard to press,almost like it's clogged or air is trapped in it. Anyway this is a new one on me. Btw it runs great after warming up and the electric choke works as intended.

Thanks guys

Randy - You are getting there. But it sounds like the squirter nozzles for the accelerator pump are clogged. IIRC, on a 2150 you can pull the squirter w/o taking the rest of the carb apart. I'd use soft copper wire from a stranded piece to clean it. And don't hit the accelerator with it off as there's a check valve and weight that would fly out - and probably be lost.

Randy - You are getting there. But it sounds like the squirter nozzles for the accelerator pump are clogged. IIRC, on a 2150 you can pull the squirter w/o taking the rest of the carb apart. I'd use soft copper wire from a stranded piece to clean it. And don't hit the accelerator with it off as there's a check valve and weight that would fly out - and probably be lost.

Ok thanks Gary!

What works even better and you don't even have to pull the squirter off (Holley carb anyway).

I have a set of wire filler gauges that are bent at a 90* that I was able to fit down in there and poke it thru the opening in the squirter to open it up again.

BTW mine would get plugged from gas that dried as I did not use the car a lot and would sit for months between starts. And yes it would be hard to push the accel pump when plugged.

Dave ----