Bullnose Forums

EFI For Big Blue

Mark, you are correct, that is the IAC connector hose for an MAF 460. Now if you can just stumble across that elusive misfire detector tone ring.

Mark - Wow!! Excellent!

Bill - As for the misfire detector, why do you want it? I'm sure Adam told you what he told me - it isn't needed. But you have me worried.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill - I'm jealous of the Sag pump. :nabble_smiley_evil:

What years/applications had this? 460 vans? If I know what I am looking for I can keep an eye out Gary.

I don't know, but probably in the vans. However, I'm going with hydroboost, so would either need to have a Sag with the extra connection or braze an extra connection onto the tin reservoir cover. That's doable, so if you find one please pick it up and I'll pay you. :nabble_smiley_good:

460 vans/cutaway chassis (motorhomes) would have them. The A/C compressor sits in the same location as the Ford pump version.

Bill - Do the Sag's bolt into the aluminum bracket where the Ford pump bolts? In other words, is the bracket the same? I already have one good bracket, but the one from Huck is broken so it wouldn't hurt to have another in order to have a pair to sell at some point.

Also, Bill, how did you mount your airbox to the fender? Could you show some pics that help me understand how to get around some minor issues I see. For instance, here's a shot of Huck's fender with the airbox bracket in place:

Hucks_LF_Fender_with_Airbox_Bracket.thumb.jpg.b666ecf8e8959b2b011d6a2342151ae1.jpg

And, here is the fender w/o the bracket, with red marker where the bracket goes:

Hucks_LF_Fender_without_Airbox_Bracket.thumb.jpg.9976251d1484817eadcc9d41be01c364.jpg

Last, here's Big Blue's fender. I'm pretty sure the hole circled in the upper right is where the bracket will go, and I think that will work as the leg of the bracket will go behind the battery. And, there's a circle below that roughly where the bottom screw goes. Further, I've put a circle about where the rear screw will need to go. But, I've drawn straight lines on a bit of a problem as that piece protrudes into the engine compartment and will hit the bracket.

So, did you have to shim the bracket away from the fender? And, obviously I'll have to yet-again re-home the washer/coolant bottle.

Bib_Blues_LF_Fender.thumb.jpg.f9b4523ccfba0b6f3a6551c19e016a97.jpg

Bill - Do the Sag's bolt into the aluminum bracket where the Ford pump bolts? In other words, is the bracket the same? I already have one good bracket, but the one from Huck is broken so it wouldn't hurt to have another in order to have a pair to sell at some point.

Also, Bill, how did you mount your airbox to the fender? Could you show some pics that help me understand how to get around some minor issues I see. For instance, here's a shot of Huck's fender with the airbox bracket in place:

And, here is the fender w/o the bracket, with red marker where the bracket goes:

Last, here's Big Blue's fender. I'm pretty sure the hole circled in the upper right is where the bracket will go, and I think that will work as the leg of the bracket will go behind the battery. And, there's a circle below that roughly where the bottom screw goes. Further, I've put a circle about where the rear screw will need to go. But, I've drawn straight lines on a bit of a problem as that piece protrudes into the engine compartment and will hit the bracket.

So, did you have to shim the bracket away from the fender? And, obviously I'll have to yet-again re-home the washer/coolant bottle.

Gary, I don't think the Saginaw pump uses the same bracket, the Ford pump has three bolts at 120° spacing, every Saginaw I have seen they are irregular in spacing and depth.

On the air box, I used the 1990 front clip, so I can't help you there. The air box mount is also the washer fluid tank and radiator tank assembly mount. I will get some pictures if you need them tomorrow.

Gary, I don't think the Saginaw pump uses the same bracket, the Ford pump has three bolts at 120° spacing, every Saginaw I have seen they are irregular in spacing and depth.

On the air box, I used the 1990 front clip, so I can't help you there. The air box mount is also the washer fluid tank and radiator tank assembly mount. I will get some pictures if you need them tomorrow.

Bill - Well, if the bracket is different that makes the decision easier - I'll need both it and the pump.

And, pics would help as I do have to figure out how to put lots of things in the same space. :nabble_anim_confused:

Jonathan - If you run across it, great. But don't go too far out of your way as I do have two pumps, one of which should be good.