Bullnose Forums

1G Alternator Harness Question

Jesse3877

I wonder how different the relay locations are between the two generations?

My battery tray was comfortably away from my starter relay (when I had one)

I don't know. I didn't keep that fender from Huck, the '90 F250, so can't check. But can you measure where the holes were? Maybe I can figure it out on BB.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n52288/C2F8E0CF-1885-4A04-9D1D-5BDA7DE1AE4E.jpeg
Jesse, you need a new battery tray! I had to replace mine a couple years ago...what a terrible design they were, with the tray mounted UNDER the fender liner. Those things rusted and fell apart here so fast I've never seen one still intact to this day. Anyway...they are available as are the hold down rods and top brackets, etc.
Rembrandt, good eye. Yes when I first got the truck the battery was just laying loose on top of the fender, a recipe for disaster! When I inspected the underside I noted that everything was structurally sound and only the angle brackets protruding up through the fender was missing. I ran a strap from the bottom up through the slots and it hold the battery very snug. I do have a NOS top bracket I purchased a while back thinking I was going to start replacing the missing pieces but other items have priority as it’s no longer a safety concern.