Bullnose Forums

Rear bumper swap

Dee1986

IMG_20200207_131738.jpg.2f9acc4d567543a027858241524bbdfb.jpg Wondering the best way to go about switching out my faded out rear step bumper for a chrome non step bumper. My 86 250 has a nice front chrome bumper but the rear doesn't compliment it well. Not sure if brackets are difficult to come by or am I going to have to fab some. Thanks for any insight

You can see the bumpers and brackets here: Documentation/Exterior/Bumpers. And I think you'll see that the non-step bumpers take different brackets. (Which is a pain 'cause I have a non-step bumper for Dad's truck and don't have the right brackets. :nabble_smiley_cry:)

I saw that in the documentation, tried searching the web a little for the non step brackets with no luck. I really like the look of the less boxy non step, ties in with the front much better IMO. Might have to order the bumper and get to cutting and welding some brackets

I saw that in the documentation, tried searching the web a little for the non step brackets with no luck. I really like the look of the less boxy non step, ties in with the front much better IMO. Might have to order the bumper and get to cutting and welding some brackets

Wasn't reamer producing reproduction ones? Or was that for Flaresides?

Wasn't reamer producing reproduction ones? Or was that for Flaresides?

They are for the Flare Side chrome bumper.

I was told the late 60's (bump side) brackets are different but I did not check that closely.

A buddy had the bump side and he is building a 84 flare side and wants to run the rear chrome bumper and looked at his bump and saw it would not work.

Think he said the brackets came straight out, think like the step bumper one do for our truck, where the flare side ones swing out and up.

I also did not look what bumper his bump side had so if a step that could be why too?

Dave ----