Bullnose Forums

Power Windows

kramttocs

Armstrong steering? No power steering.

Edit: The new motor in the Bronco works good!

I also heard of "Armstrong heater"

When you had no heat in your ______ and your girl was cold she would slide over close to you and you would put your arm around her to keep her warm :nabble_smiley_evil:

That was when everything had bench seats.

Dave ----

• 1 month later...

Back to fighting this.

The drivers window is working really well. The passenger won't go up or down fully and what little it does move is a strain. The wiring at the passenger door switch gets pretty warm during.

I hooked direct power and ground to the motor last night and it helped but still struggles a lot.

In addition to this, whether a coincidence or not the power lock on the passenger side is slow also. Once I work it a few times it either gets a little better or stops responding completely.

Back to the window, I've loosened both the front and rear guide but that seemed to make it worse since it now gets much more crooked.

Is the direct power test to the window motor about the best thing there is?

I want to add in my remote locks/windows but don't want to do that until they actually work :nabble_smiley_beam:

Back to fighting this.

The drivers window is working really well. The passenger won't go up or down fully and what little it does move is a strain. The wiring at the passenger door switch gets pretty warm during.

I hooked direct power and ground to the motor last night and it helped but still struggles a lot.

In addition to this, whether a coincidence or not the power lock on the passenger side is slow also. Once I work it a few times it either gets a little better or stops responding completely.

Back to the window, I've loosened both the front and rear guide but that seemed to make it worse since it now gets much more crooked.

I want to add in my remote locks/windows but don't want to do that until they actually work :nabble_smiley_beam:

My drivers door lock is slow, when cold really slow. Helps to go unlock then lock again. Seems to work better when it’s warm out.

Also works better from the passenger side switch.

There was a lock switch and drivers window switch in the truck when I got it. Needed to replace the window switch, also did the lock switch, seems a little better.

Back to fighting this.

I would think the direct power test is the best you can do. And if it doesn't roll up properly then you probably have a problem.

I re-read your earlier post and understand that you got aftermarket motors and put them in the factory setup. And you have new sweeps. But it is still very slow.

I've only had one Bullnose truck with power windows, and they were slow but worked. So I'm not much help. But have you tried lubricating the window/sweeps with silicone spray?

• 1 month later...

I would think the direct power test is the best you can do. And if it doesn't roll up properly then you probably have a problem.

I re-read your earlier post and understand that you got aftermarket motors and put them in the factory setup. And you have new sweeps. But it is still very slow.

I've only had one Bullnose truck with power windows, and they were slow but worked. So I'm not much help. But have you tried lubricating the window/sweeps with silicone spray?

Got back to this finally. Silicone spray made a world of difference. The windows go up and down smooth and fast. Which is nice since I haven't installed the a/c components yet so a lot of driving with the windows down.

Question for those with from the factory power windows - on the driver side switch when looking at it head on, which toggle is for which window?

Left being the one closest to you when sitting in the drivers seat

Right being the furthest one (closes to the speaker)

Got back to this finally. Silicone spray made a world of difference. The windows go up and down smooth and fast. Which is nice since I haven't installed the a/c components yet so a lot of driving with the windows down.

Question for those with from the factory power windows - on the driver side switch when looking at it head on, which toggle is for which window?

Left being the one closest to you when sitting in the drivers seat

Right being the furthest one (closes to the speaker)

Forward one is drivers, rearward one is pass. on mine.

Edit: I’m always using the wrong one! :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Forward one is drivers, rearward one is pass. on mine.

Edit: I’m always using the wrong one! :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Thanks Dane for the quick response!

That's how mine is also. It's a factory harness so figured it had to be right but sure is taking me some getting used to. I keep wanting to hit the rear/left one for the drivers side since it is closest to me.

Minor inconvenience I know but thinking I may repin the connector at the switch. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Thanks Dane for the quick response!

That's how mine is also. It's a factory harness so figured it had to be right but sure is taking me some getting used to. I keep wanting to hit the rear/left one for the drivers side since it is closest to me.

Minor inconvenience I know but thinking I may repin the connector at the switch. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Just saw your edit after I posted :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Glad to know it's not just me!