Bullnose Forums

Sons truck project.

Redneckedness

I'm interested to see how it's coming along! :nabble_smiley_good:

What kind of headers do you have on there?

Hahaha, i thought i did. I probably screwed up. 🤗 Thats funny just like me. Any advise would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 13, 2020, at 6:33 PM, ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] wrote:

>

>  I'm interested to see how it's coming along!

>

> Do you need some help posting pictures?

> Jim,

> Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with an Edelbrock 1826 and Performer intake.

> Too much other stuff to mention.

>

>

> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

> http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Sons-truck-project-tp50806p50808.html

> To unsubscribe from Sons truck project., click here.

> NAML

Theyre L&L headers I got from Gary. They were a bear to get in but we did it. Had to take the transmission off to get them in. They fit nice. Cant wait to hear them.

Your pictures weren't showing up when I first looked at this thread.

So those are BB's headers?

Are you going to run a PMGR starter?

I forget how Gary said they clear the front driveshaft, but I suppose they did with the lift in Big Blue.

Are you going to be running the AIR pumps?

Must feel like quite an accomplishment to have the engine back in! :nabble_smiley_good:

Your pictures weren't showing up when I first looked at this thread.

So those are BB's headers?

Are you going to run a PMGR starter?

I forget how Gary said they clear the front driveshaft, but I suppose they did with the lift in Big Blue.

Are you going to be running the AIR pumps?

Must feel like quite an accomplishment to have the engine back in! :nabble_smiley_good:

Were using the original starter for now but weve removed all the smog equipment. We dont have the driveshafts in yet but it looks like theres plenty of room for everything. Theres not a lot of info out there on these trucks compared to other vehicles, but weve managed. Im not good with computers/smart phones which probably has hindered me a little. Feels great to get this far.

Were using the original starter for now but weve removed all the smog equipment. We dont have the driveshafts in yet but it looks like theres plenty of room for everything. Theres not a lot of info out there on these trucks compared to other vehicles, but weve managed. Im not good with computers/smart phones which probably has hindered me a little. Feels great to get this far.

Looking good!

But, you have me worried. I don't yet have the new/replacement headers but already have the tranny in. Perhaps I'd better get onto that ASAP.

Looking good!But, you have me worried. I don't yet have the new/replacement headers but already have the tranny in. Perhaps I'd better get onto that ASAP.
The drivers side header got wedged between the crossmember and the firewall and the top of the motor was hitting the top of the firewall/trans tunnel. Had to go in at to steep an angle to leave the trans on. Was tight with the trans off too. Its a big motor. Scratched a little paint. 😡 If i was to do it again i would probably lift the cab a few inches first. 

Sent from my iPhone

You might consider a heat shield of sorts for the starter and cable.

A tomato or pineapple juice can, opened up on the side is shiny and very low mass.

Heat reflective loom or sheaths with ceramic weave inside can slip over the cable.

Both are cheap options.

Though a PMGR starter for a manual 460 was under $60 outright from DB last time I checked.

I think you're doing Great! 👍

You might consider a heat shield of sorts for the starter and cable.A tomato or pineapple juice can, opened up on the side is shiny and very low mass.Heat reflective loom or sheaths with ceramic weave inside can slip over the cable.Both are cheap options.Though a PMGR starter for a manual 460 was under $60 outright from DB last time I checked.I think you're doing Great! 👍
How would you put the can on?

Sent from my iPhone